Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Power pack tests good after stator replacement and regulator/rectifier replacement. I still have the same problems 4500 rpm, 40mph. I tested my “new” ignition coils tonight and found the top coil with secondary resistance readings to be too high. The oem manual says 275 +- 50 ohms. My readings are 357 and 363. I put a good one on it and will test on the lake but don’t have much hope at this point.

2. Member
    No changes in performance today on the water with the bot after replacing bad coil. Went and weighed the boat today on the trailer. 2840 pounds. So that’s good. No waterlogged foam.

3. Member
    I know you said its electrical but check your fuel pump.
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Make sure all the throttle plates are opening up fully when you apply WOT. Apply a little pressure to each plate when they are open. They need to be perpendicular to the throttle body.

5. Member
    I’ve taken my new to me boat back to the dealer where I bought it. I will report back their findings. Thank you all again for your help so far.
    Last edited by aw5716; 12-22-2021 at 02:26 PM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aw5716 View Post
    I’ve taken my new to me boat back to the dealer where I bought it. I will report back their findings. Thank you all again for your help so far.
    *Update- The dealer says they found the problem, bad powerhead. Sleeves have turned or twisted. Something to that effect. Say they're trying to figure out how to make it right with me. What are their options as far as repairing? Does anyone know? Are new powerheads even available for that motor?

7. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    They can pull the motor down and put it in an oven. Heat it up and rotate the sleeves to make it right if they know what they are doing. Motor must have way over heated for that to happen.

8. Member
    I got my boat back this Sunday. The salesman that sold it to me went out on the lake with me for 4 hours. They put oil in the gas tank at 50:1. With a new vro installed. When they took it apart they said that there was welding on the block like the sleeves had been replaced before. Or at least attempted. Any tips or suggestions on breaking it in?

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Follow the break in procedure in the service manual. If you don't have one vary the RPM's no constant RPM for any length of time. Take it back to them after 10 hours of run time so they can retorque the heads.

10. Member
    Ok will do. Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12