Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    So I just went out to look at a couple things and made a couple of observations. Put a meter on the battery read 13.4. Turned on my Humminbird Solix and read 11.8. Is this normal? I don't ever remember my Solix reading below 12.something with a charged battery and always went up to 13.something when running.

Yesterday at the lake I did not get any voltage alarms, however I did not do anything more than idle around and maybe a 1-2 minute run and about 50% throttle. (Scared to run anywhere at the moment)

I will make sure battery is fully charged and perform checks above tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Start with a fully charged battery- if your results match, you have excessive resistance (or too much load) on the circuit powering your Solix.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12