Chick - grass mats

I am guessing that the lake is being drawn down or already has been. I was curious if there are any grass mats still around for any frogging?

2. Member
    Not very many, was down there Sunday and with the rain we have had the water has been up some and with them pulling water it has pulled a lot of mats apart so now there are just floating patches all over. I stayed between Chester frost and 60 bridge and there was a small amount of mat still up by the bridge, didn’t see any between the TVA plant and frost. I missed one frog bite and never even had another blow up anywhere I went. Hopefully in a couple weeks the water will be down to the grass and maybe the frog bite will pick up.

3. Member
    We fished half day today, plenty of grass around Dayton.

4. Member
    Wed-Fri were tough days for us. There is plenty of grass, but the fish were finicky with the frog. It should bust wide open with the cooler weather coming. Water temps were 74-77 degrees depending on the time of day.

Lake is still at full summer pool too. Once they drop the water and it stabilizes the frog bite will be much much better. Still lots of grass in bays and pockets that is sub-surface.

6. Member
    I hope the fish and the weather cooperate we will be there Thursday morning fishing thru the weekend.
    Can't wait for the Frog bite explosion.
    We make the short drive (3 hrs. from the house) 2-3 time every year. It's a great lake to fish.
    Mike
    2019 Phoenix 721 pro xp

Mercury 250 pro xs
    2B575862

7. Member
    Get ready for a crowd
    MLF College has a tournament Friday and MLF Highschool on Saturday plus another tournament going on as well, will do well to find a fish that don't have a hard hat on.