Voltage question

I have a '99 90hp johnson.... what kind of voltage should i have coming back to my starting battery while running WOT?
    WashCo Tournament Series

2. Member
    Probably 12.9 to 13.5 there about. It’s depends on battery condition. Why do you ask?

I just had voltage regulator, battery and stator replaced. Need to know what voltage to look for.
    Thanks for the info��
    WashCo Tournament Series

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by copperhead View Post
    I have a '99 90hp johnson.... what kind of voltage should i have coming back to my starting battery while running WOT?
    Interesting ... not debating you mind you, just very curious, as my OEM service manuals state:

60hp (12 amp alternator) - Start the engine and run it at approximately 4500 RPM ... As the current draw decreases, the voltage should stabilize at approximately 14.5 volts.

175hp 60hp (40 amp alternator) - Start the engine and run it at approximately 3000 RPM ... As the current draw decreases, the voltage should stabilize at approximately 14.5 volts.

Personally, using digital LED gauges, I see 14.3 VDC on my volt gauges @ cruise.
    "Life's too short for an ugly boat!"
    1985 totally refurbished Pro-Line 21A Cuddy - 175hp Evinrude FFI

5. Member
    14.5 is not unreasonable and is ok for sure but there are so many ‘depends on this’, ‘depends on that’. That’s why I was not that generous in my response.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    12.6 VDC is about the normal cranking voltage, once started the voltage should be in the upper 13s no higher than 14.4 volts The important thing is the amps. the 115 puts out 20 amps at wot the v-6 put out 35 amp.

Thank you guys for all the info. This is exactly why i love this forum. ��
    WashCo Tournament Series