Burning rich on all 6 cylinders

So to try to figure out why my engine is surging in the morning, I took out the plugs to gap them again just in case one or two were off. I also took out the Tracker valve and it was fine only a few hours on that one as well.

But the odd part was that all the plugs look dark. All six are attached.

#2 cylinder was the worst of the bunch. ( top port side ) But they are all very dark after just 8 hours of use on new spark plugs.

It would be much easier if just one was dark. Also before the fuel rail the coloring was exactly the same. Not wet but very dark like these.

Any ideas would be great. Thank you!

Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Can’t wait to see myself
    Ron Fears
    Stroker/300XS
    1E003823

3. Member
    Check thermostat operation and temperature readings for each head individually with a scan tool.

4. Member
    Thanks Savage. I am going to do that today.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Check thermostat operation and temperature readings for each head individually with a scan tool.
    Good idea to combine your posts, as this is the recommendation I made for your "surging" question as well.

Also possible that you have a leaking diaphragm in the pulse fuel pump.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor