Gremlin again!!!

2006 Triton Tr-21x. Dash is all push button. Strange occurrence this am. Master switch in back gets turned on right before launch as usual. I walk to do some other things and "entire" dash lights up. I didn't do anything. Hit power button....nothing...they stay on. Only way to get them to go out was to turn master off and back on. 10 seconds later same thing. This goes on several times, until they finally quit coming on by themselves. A little damp and drizzly this am, but don't think that had anything to do with it. What could cause this little gremlin?

I bet its a touch pad issue or a brain box issue. Which neither of them are made anymore

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

3. Member
    Don't think the '06's had the "brain box" - fortunately. OP, check the Touchpad replacement post in the sticky section above and get with Ms Carol for options.

Lucky for the OP. Im in the process of getting the conversion kit. It seems like its a matter of time before these things take a crap.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

5. Member
    I took the connections apart in the back of each pad. Cleaned them with electronic contact cleaner and put back together. We'll see what happens.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt651 View Post
    I took the connections apart in the back of each pad. Cleaned them with electronic contact cleaner and put back together. We'll see what happens.
    So far....so good. But now another one has popped up. Port bilge pump comes on by itself and totally drains cranking battery while sitting in driveway. Short or bad pump? I took apart housing to make sure nothing would be making the float stick.

7. Member
    hello , i have a 2005 tr20 with the touch pads and mine did the same thing. i found the coating on the boards to be cracked and moisture would cause the problem. i removed the panels and coated them with liquid tape and problem solved . may not work for you but mine has been good for some time now.