Thread: Foul Ball

Foul Ball

Got up at 4 a.m. to take the 14 year old grandson crappie fishing at Grand even though the wind report did not look very good.
    I figured I have a spot or two that would be protected from the SW wind.
    Leave the house at 5 to get boat, reload crappie gear, air 2 tires, gas the truck and then go get him.
    On the road by 6 and stop at MickeyD’s on turnpike and eat there watching traffic speed by underneath our table.
    Wind immediately gusting big time as we exit.
    Change plans to go back to down lake Plan B spots so exit Vinita and head to Adair.
    Big news-No Adair exit from the east lanes of traffic.
    So I travel an extra 16 miles to exit at Claremore, run into the QT to hit the head only to have 2 occupants of the only 2 heads take way over their allotted time-10+ minutes that seemed like hours before I got my shot at relief.
    Now 8:15 and I decide the way things are going to can the trip and head to the golf club to let him fish a pond there-not. Club closed for TU Women’s Golf Tourney.
    Get home at 9:30 after 120 miles of driving, $25 in gas and $25 for Breakfast.

So I call the wife and tell her we think we will go to that James Bond Movie you wanted to see this afternoon.
    I probably would have sunk my boat the way my mourning was going.

Taking the older grandson to Fork this week for 2 days with a guide. My first time and his to fish Fork. Hopefully our luck will get better.

Your luck can only get better!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175