Repeat problem: Ultrex pivot bracket

I've got a two year old Ultrex 112 52" and I've had the pivot bracket bushing wear out and break apart twice in two years... this time I put a thin amount of red grease in the cup and hopefully it won't bind up as before.
    anyone else having this problem ?
    Not really worth the removal and down time to take it to a shop.
    As with the steering cables I keep a kit in the boat in case.

2. Member
    Very common problem. You might try these upgraded bushings. I haven't tried them myself, but have read where others have and they say they're much better.

http://jcracingonline.com/Minn-Kota-...elrin-MKDB.htm

It's usually caused by the mount being in a bind (Tweaked) causing excessive wear. Try loosening the front outside bolt first. You may have to loosen all of them and then tightening them each a little at a time. Some boats even require a spacer under one or two bolts. This should also make it easier to deploy and retrieve too.
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post
    Very common problem. You might try these upgraded bushings. I haven't tried them myself, but have read where others have and they say they're much better.

The link in here sure do seem to be stronger may be worth a try. But the set i and a buddy both got are not very close in tolerance ( supposedly they tightened that up but can't vouch)

I took a look at the pictures off that link and they look the same to me as the stick replacement kit I get from northland marine, the bushing even has the same.
    I've gotten pretty good at the repair, one thing I've learned is to have a set of set screws and the bushing fir the pin on the pivot bracket ears.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
    I took a look at the pictures off that link and they look the same to me as the stick replacement kit I get from northland marine, the bushing even has the same.
    I've gotten pretty good at the repair, one thing I've learned is to have a set of set screws and the bushing fir the pin on the pivot bracket ears.
    They aren’t the same at all. No split and full circle rather than the flat plastic piece that sticks out as well. Get the aftermarket and try them you won’t be disappointed

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

Quote Originally Posted by wmitch2 View Post
    It's usually caused by the mount being in a bind (Tweaked) causing excessive wear. Try loosening the front outside bolt first. You may have to loosen all of them and then tightening them each a little at a time. Some boats even require a spacer under one or two bolts. This should also make it easier to deploy and retrieve too.
    Okay, I understand what your saying now, I was thinking your were refereeing to the pivot bushings.
    my mount is pretty level on top cap, Champion 223, and I have it though bolted, six bolts.
    but I will take a look and see what I can fine tune. ��

Quote Originally Posted by haus9393 View Post
    They aren’t the same at all.No split and full circle rather than the flat plastic piece that sticks out as well. Get the aftermarket and try them you won’t be disappointed
    BIG difference.. IMO the split is why the factory ones break. First time they get in a bind they spread apart and soon break.
    I'm well pleased with the JC racing bushings. I've got a set and have helped install two more.

Just ordered 2 sets/ me and a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mrdeath View Post