Thread: Worm Overload

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    EVERY Fisherman, any species, has that problem. And Every Fisherman will ignore 95% of the other choices and continue with their favorite lure.
    I was asking a guy to point out what spoon worked best for Lake Michigan Salmon. He ended up pointing out every spoon on the wall. Then concluded with the statement "The spoon you like the best is the one that will catch the most, as that is the one you will use the most!"
    2019 RT 198P
    2018 Mercury Pro XS 150 HP 4 Stroke #2B610068
    Twin 12' BT Talons
    4" Atlas Jack Plate
    Riptide Instinct Quest

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I store my plastics in their original packages. This pic shows my bulk storage in labeled plastic bins. The carrier with Plano double sided bag holders is all that goes into the boat. I change out some items in the boat Planos by season and replenish them as required.
    I also have clips under my rod box lid that serves to hold trip bags and a small plastic box in front of my console for take-offs.
    Takes some planning but works out well in my little tin boat.

I don’t know the Plano model number for these boxes but they come in 2 sizes. I use the larger one for worms and the smaller ones for Technique specific storage with the lures and all required terminal tackle in one box. I only have to go to one box to make a change. I have a separate box for drop shot, Tubes and Neko rigs.

Bill...
    Does that Plano Kit fit in your RT188 storage?? I have a 3 ring binder satchel type holder that sits on the deck with my go to plastics. But that would work nicely instead of the baggies the other stuff is in.

Full disclosure is that I have a plastic tub...a big tub...that is heavy....and full of my spares and in-case-I-need some someday...

Did that Plano come as a kut/set?
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Attachment 466953

I fish worms a lot. Along with spinnerbaits and jigs it’s my “go to”. Over the years I have amassed quite a collection. I like having a variety because I fish 3 or 4 very different lakes. I gone from keeping them in the original bag to a Plano box and the a double wide Plano. It’s gotten out of control to where I can’t find what I want half the time. Yesterday, I dumped it all out and sorted them into piles.

Now what?
    I have enough plastic baits to fill 2 50 gallon barrels.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaFlyer View Post
    Bill...
    Does that Plano Kit fit in your RT188 storage?? I have a 3 ring binder satchel type holder that sits on the deck with my go to plastics. But that would work nicely instead of the baggies the other stuff is in.

Full disclosure is that I have a plastic tub...a big tub...that is heavy....and full of my spares and in-case-I-need some someday...

Did that Plano come as a kut/set?
    I keep the smaller Plano version in the rod locker but had never tried the larger ones. I did get it in but it is a tight fit and would not be happy with it there. I normally store them in the port locker.

You can see the large one on the right side alongside the smaller versions. As previously mentioned I store plastics that I plan to use on trip on the rod locker lid. I had to install a bungee to hold them off my rods. The small box in front of the console is my plastics take off storage. There is normally a mixture of plastics that were taken off even in previous trips and makes for a quick lure or color change.
    The Plano boxes are sold individually.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    Sorry to disappoint you.
    I think Mike meant maybe that he’s a tackle crafter & hoarder way worse than you.

6. Member
    Its a space management in an 18 foot boat issue. Worms aren’t the only baits I haul around. I’m a tackle addict. I have the problem of wanting to haul around everything for every situation. Trying to break that mindset. The big worm box had everything all mixed up. I would have to grab a handful just to find wat I wanted. Much nicer with colors separated.Attachment 467024See what I mean? That’s not even the rear compartment with four boxes of crankbaits or the rod locker lid with about 50 spinnerbaits on a rack. Attachment 467023
    Much easier to find what I want now and it takes up less space than the one double wide Plano.
    I bet when the ranger owners pass you they are all smiles that they finally got to pass a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I think Mike meant maybe that he’s a tackle crafter & hoarder way worse than you.
    Exactly!

Lots of soft folks these days.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

8. Banned
    I keep mine the original bags organized into 2.5 gallon ziplock bags, had over 150 bags of soft plastics when I counted last year, probably more now.

9. Member
    Its a space management in an 18 foot boat issue. Worms aren’t the only baits I haul around. I’m a tackle addict. I have the problem of wanting to haul around everything for every situation. Trying to break that mindset. The big worm box had everything all mixed up. I would have to grab a handful just to find wat I wanted. Much nicer with colors separated.

Attachment 467024
    See what I mean? That’s not even the rear compartment with four boxes of crankbaits or the rod locker lid with about 50 spinnerbaits on a rack.

Attachment 467023
    Much easier to find what I want now and it takes up less space than the one double wide Plano.
    you got stuff in there you will never use , i find myself sometimes only using 5-6 worms on a trip , i carry 100 lbs of worms just in case
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

10. Member
    That's not an overload....that's a start....😉

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Slicefixer View Post
    That's not an overload....that's a start....
    Yep. I have so much crap in mine it's pathetic. I think i'm getting ready to empty a lot opf it out until next year.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Yep. I have so much crap in mine it's pathetic. I think i'm getting ready to empty a lot opf it out until next year.
    Gotta start somewhere....😉

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Exactly!

Lots of soft folks these days.
    What was the point of this post? As a mod I wouldn't expect that.

14. Member
    Most fishermen are worse about collecting different color worms than women are about clothing and shoes. I have so many soft plastic baits I couldn't even begin to carry them all. I have separated them into categories like finesse, creatures, flukes & senkos, big worms,
    grubs & tubes, etc. and I have them packed in those giant Ziplok storage bags. Now I just select the bags that I need based on where I'm going and put those in my boat for that trip. The biggest problem is trying to resist all the different colors that are available - no one really needs more than 4 - 5 colors in any plastic bait.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12