New 250 Pro XS not reaching full RPM/speed

Hello all. I have a new 2021 Nitro Z20 pro with the 250. It has 24 fury prop and just turned 10hrs. Also have the Bob's jackplate.
    My issue is, ever since I bought it new, it will not get over 5600rpm (verified with Vessel View) or over 60 mph
    Prop shaft is centered 3 1/2" below pad. Have taken to the dealer and another dealer. Both confirm engine is getting 100% throttle, no faults, hot foot is adjusted properly, and Talons are correct height. Both dealers have recommended changing props but is that really the issue?
    Boat jumps on plane quickly and gets up to speed fast as it's trimmed up. Have adjusted the jack plate a few times and this is best performance I can get out of the boat.
    Anyone else seen this? Any recommendations or is a different prop the answer?
    Appreciate any feedback.

Serial number 3B005623
    Last edited by Kjensen75; 10-10-2021 at 01:00 AM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Moving your 4-stroke 250 ProXS post to the 4-stroke forum for you.

First and foremost- get a 23P Fury on it and see how it does. You are quite likely over-propped for that hull/setup. With Talons (2) you may even have to drop down to a 22P.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Moving your 4-stroke 250 ProXS post to the 4-stroke forum for you.

First and foremost- get a 23P Fury on it and see how it does. You are quite likely over-propped for that hull/setup. With Talons (2) you may even have to drop down to a 22P.
    Appreciate the assistance.
    3rd time is a charm and from what I've read, you're one of the best in the business.
    I will get ahold of BBlades and give the 23 a test. Have a fishing trip coming up in a few weeks and that would be a good test.