Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Trimguy View Post
    I am also concerned since I know there has to be a little fuel in the tank I can't suck out: my logic tells me that this amount of fuel would be the most concentrated with debris.
    The debris was coming from the fuel line deteriorating, not from the fuel in the tank itself. If there was water in the fuel it would be a different story. Get all the old fuel out that you can and you should be fine. Personally, I think you're shotgunning this a little. Get the fuel supply issues handled first, then if that doesn't solve the problem move on to air fuel pressure tests and flow testing the injectors. As I asked before, has anyone done a spark test or at least inspected the coils / wires?

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

2. Member
    The tech changed the plugs while I was gone getting fuel line, he came to my house on a saturday so I'm sure he was going as fast as possible and not really inspecting things as he went, so no on the coil/wire check. I have looked over them and there's nothing obvious.

3. Member
    Had injectors flowed and cleaned, air and fuel tested good. Put on comp. shut fire on ea cyl and responded. Took to water after 15 acted up. Put on fuel tester for air and fuel and when acting up was loosing 5-8lbs of fuel pressure. Took apart vst and it was full of trash and corrosion. Cleaned well reassembled and will test tomorrow hopefully. One thing though, as I was cleaning up I found a small seal off to the side, I'm trying to figure out how to add pics.

4. Member
    I looked through the parts diagram and couldn't find it. It kinda shaped like an hour glass about5/16-3/8 tall

5. Member

6. Member
    Update: took off work early to go to the lake to test cleaning out vst and changed high pressure fuel pump. Problem fixed drove probably at least 1/4 tank through it and it worked flawlessly. Only problem now is that my jack plate wont go down and is stuck all the way up. Hopefully just a relay or something??? It makes noise to go down but doesn't move, of course it makes the straining noise going up cause it's all the way up. I had a relay "stick" on my old boat and it was the relays, but this time it sounds like it should, just no movement??

7. Member
    When relay was sticking on old boat it ran when not touching button..... I will make a new thread about problem anyhow.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Be sure to give some information about your jackplate in that post.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123