Prop question BF130

Hey all, I Put a BF 130 on a stratus to 268. The 268 is 16’8” and I had it maxed out at 6200 RPM, with 49 mph? I feel like I should be getting more speed with the size of the boat and the horsepower? Any thoughts on which prop might get me some more speed? Comes out of the hole like a bandit and I’m up on plane in 1.2 seconds.

2. Member
    Don't have a bf130, but have been running a bf225 for a few seasons. I can tell you ,you won't find a more reliable motor, but it's definitely a trade off for top speed. I've run 7-8 props, hydraulic jackplate, lithium batteries and 60mph has been max on my zx225. Enjoy a quiet,great running motor and go fishing. Good luck with it!

Thx for the reply man. I totally agree with you on the reliability of a Honda! I have a rincon and a pioneer . You sacrifice some weight but I’m actually doing the same as you and switching to lithium batteries. I can replace the 5 batteries, the previous owner installed. He’s got enough lights on this damn thing to lite up a small city!! It’s been a struggle since I bought this thing,but I’ll tell ya… a quite,reliable engine- makes it all worth it! Thx
    96’ stratus 268
    Honda BF130
    Minn kota 36v 112lb thrust
    Dual ONIX 10si touch Ethernet together
    Dual Minn kota 12’ talons

One more thing- What size boat do have? My 49mph is starting to sound good!! Lol
    96’ stratus 268
    Honda BF130
    Minn kota 36v 112lb thrust
    Dual ONIX 10si touch Ethernet together
    Dual Minn kota 12’ talons

5. Member
    Sorry just checked this, got a 20' , 08 skeeter zx 225. Pm for any additional info. Bummer these post never send ya notifications. Tight lines!

6. Member
    Seems like we're a small crowd here on the Honda section. Bensjammin - any luck with the prop/speed issue?
    I just sold my Nitro and went saltwater, but still read BBC. I also have a BF130. Noticed the SS prop doesn't have any markings to know Pitch/diameter, etc. Was curious if you came up with any improvements?