Battery Charger. 2 bank vs 3 bank??

So I'm re-rigging my old boat, getting it ready to sell. I've removed all the electronics and installed them on my new boat.

It will have 2 batteries for the TM 24v and of course the starter battery. I have 2 chargers, a 2 bank and a 3 bank. I had thought I'd install the 3 bank but
    I'm having a time getting 3 batteries and a charger shoe horned in the rear hatch. I can easily get the 2 bank charger in with the 3 batteries.

My question is: With no electronics, will I need a charger on the starter battery?? Doesnt the motor charge enough to keep the starter battery topped off??

Sure would make things easier.

Thanks

If you are not running big graphs than you will be fine. It wasn't that long ago that we didn't have a charger on the starting battery. You could fish all day, live well pumps running, use a group 24 starting battery and no worries.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    Something else to consider is agm batteries can be mounted on their sides or ends if that would help.

4. Member
    With the Trollbridge 12X24 all you need is a single output charger on the starting battery. A portable smart charger for about $65 from Amazon or Walmart can be clipped on when you get home saving the cost, weight and installation of a marine grade charger. You get the bonus of charging the trolling batteries from your alternator so they will already be charged when you get back to the trailer.

http://www.yandina.com/graphics/Schematics/21121.BMP
    Last edited by Ann-Marie; 10-10-2021 at 08:47 AM.