Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Anyone started "prepping"

Have any of you started to prepare for something coming that you can just feel inside of you? No I'm not talking about a good #2 after a good meal...
    Any of you bought up food, ammo, water in bulk more than normal or maybe for the first time? Im not a prophet that Im aware of but Im most definetly a believer and I feel like something is brewing like maybe never before here... Am I alone?

2. Member
    No your not alone. We have been ready for the bottom to fall out for years. MRE’s and plenty of water and ammo. I have also added a back up generator and plenty of fuel. Better safe than sorry
    Ranger 520vx Yamaha 225 ox66.

3. Member
    Cant continue on this path we are on forever
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

WOLVERINES!

5. Member
    Doesn’t really matter life is just a temporary stop! If it gets down to that is it really a life worth living!

Wheres Lew?

I am ready when the SHTF.
    Ranger Forever

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DAC244 View Post
    Doesn’t really matter life is just a temporary stop! If it gets down to that is it really a life worth living!
    This is how I feel. I enjoy the comforts of the first world and am really not sure I want to be around if things fall apart. For that reason I don't worry about it.

Everyone stocks up on food, ammo, water, fuel etc... If you were smart you would stock up on antibiotics. Small cuts and infections are what would take out most people in an apocalyptic scenario. Sewage would also be a HUGE issue. There are way more people in this country than there were 100-150 years ago. They're all going to have to go to the bathroom somewhere and that is going to cause a lot of contamination.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    You're not alone. My mother is the same way. Been telling me for years the end is near. The Daystar people have alot to do with it.
    Thanos was the hero

The ‘I’m a country boy and can survive’ crowd think that with a couple guns and ammo are in for a surprise. Everything from sparrows to elk and moose would be wiped out in a couple months. Best to just have one bullet if it gets that far. Or look for the jeff dahmer guide to good cooking.

My wife came home today, after shopping. I only wanted a bar of Lava soap. She said " I had to go to 7 different stores" and that's just for a bar of soap.
    She bought the last 2 bars. But was also happy to get some the last items on the shelves, for things she's needed for weeks.
    Supply of daily goods are getting hard to find.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

This is my thought also. So you maybe able to hold out a few days, months but the quality of life would be gone and it won’t return to normal. Spend that money on prepping stuff to enjoy life now.
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

Quote Originally Posted by go-fish View Post
    My wife came home today, after shopping. I only wanted a bar of Lava soap. She said " I had to go to 7 different stores" and that's just for a bar of soap.
    She bought the last 2 bars. But was also happy to get some the last items on the shelves, for things she's needed for weeks.
    Supply of daily goods are getting hard to find.
    Not that I doubt you, but maybe it is a regional thing, I was in Wally World today and didn't notice any shortages. Stopped by the BPS in Springfield MO Friday and there was plenty of ammo. Limited to 5 boxes, so I picked up 3 of 45 ACP and a couple of 9 MM.

14. Member
    I have prepared somewhat but no where close to being positive I can survive. As a matter of fact I am not sure anyone can survive by themselves. I think it will take a community with people with different skills. I live on a lake but only 3 acres. I old also which doesn’t help. They ( whoever that turns out to be) will probably get me before I starve to death. It’s not if it’s going to happen it’s just a matter of when. I am not going to worry myself sick about it!

15. Member
    I could make it through the winter with my stash and skills
    Maybe
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

We’re not prepping for the end of days. But, we keep several months worth of dry goods, other non-perishables, and several months worth of meat. And if we can’t survive with the ammo and weapons I’ve accumulated over many years then we’re all doomed anyway.
    I do know this. If we don’t enact term limits and a balanced budget amendment soon our country will be bankrupt. And it will be because voters keep re-electing the same crooked, clueless incumbents for decades on end and expecting something to change. It won’t.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

17. Member
    Those who have failed to strive for self sufficiency throughout their lives have failed already as have those who believe in only living in the moment. If you don't feel you can survive whatever the future has to offer your present existence is merely a waste. Preparation for the future is not just for you but even more so for those you may leave behind.

18. Member
    If I can pay my utilities I am in a position that if I can pay for utilities I can make it a while. But I priced a ribeye steak yesterday at 22.00$ a pound. I ain’t gonna pay that. Like I said you can’t survive long term unless you team attack the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    If we don’t enact term limits and a balanced budget amendment soon our country will be bankrupt. And it will be because voters keep re-electing the same crooked, clueless incumbents for decades on end and expecting something to change. It won’t.
    Absolutely spot on.
    There was a time that I didn't fish but I cannot remember it.

20. Member
    And here is the thing I live on 35 acres!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast