Skeeter FX Electrical Issue

I have a 2013 Skeeter FX21. As soon as I turn the battery switch to on position the security alarm goes off for the boat and the motor trims up on its own. Its not the engine alarm going off. Has anyone heard of this issue?

2. Member
    You got a short somewhere. Damaged switch, pinched wire.
    Good luck tracing it down!

3. Member
    I had a 2010 FX 21 and had to replace the DMS box, it was doing some crazy stuff, not saying this is your problem but after installing a new Blink Marine box it fixed all my issues.
    the box is under the Starboard corner panel, If you have the alarm pad you have the same box in yours. the cost was somewhere over 500 bucks but is a direct replacement for the OEM.

Look at a couple of posts above this one, it gives the info you need to cantact Blink Marine.

4. Member
    My mechanic buddy came over and he probed everything and figured out it is the box that's going bad. One wire has constant power out of the box. That wire went to the console for the blinker then split and went somewhere else into the boat. For some reason he removed the split and everything works fine except the bow trim and the actual horn.

5. Member
    Many boat manufacture's use tap wires to tie functioning switches like the trim switches.
    I assume you are calling the steering trim switch the Blinker? Those trim switches generally 3
    can and will share voltage. If your buddy killed the bow, did the switch on the gear box still work.
    Your short can be at the bow switch or the wiring under the dash. I'd say under the dash since that is
    where your buddy cut the wire. If the wires under there are a mess and loose, you should clean them up
    and provide them some strain relief from vibration and shock. I use Velcro on mine so i can access it easy.
    I use tie-wraps to hold the bundle under the console and provide strain relief. You might want to call the
    Blink Marine guys and ask them if there should be a voltage on that line. You also might want to measure the
    voltage so you can compare to what is supposed to be there. It's a process of eliminating 1 connection at a
    time until you find your way back to the DMS box or a bad line or switch.

Good Luck!

6. Member
    The DMS box on the FX boats with alarm and keypad is a known issue, I was told when I bought my boat it would be an issue and it took 3 years but it was and the Blink Marine box fixed it totally.
    It only takes about 15 minutes to change it out, it's that easy.

7. Member
    I put the new brain box in and everything works like it should. It drove me nut at first thinking I had an electrical nightmare