Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I drove to Georgia to pick up a boat from Florida. I have buddy that drove from Kentucky to Wisconsin.
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

2. Member
    I would make a deal on price before the trip to go get it. Tell seller deal is pending inspection when you get there to pick it up to make sure it was as advertised. If it’s not what you were told be ready to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubasser24 View Post
    I would make a deal on price before the trip to go get it. Tell seller deal is pending inspection when you get there to pick it up to make sure it was as advertised. If it’s not what you were told be ready to walk away.
    Yup agree on price up front based on description provided with the understanding that if that boat varies from that or unseen issues exist the agreed price will not stand.

4. Member
    Just be aware that if the boat is everything it’s said to be, and fairly priced, it could get snatched up by the first person that sees it with cash in hand. I recently had 2 guys in line if the first verbally committed guy didn’t take the boat. Most guys would (and should be expected to) sell it to the first guy that hands over the money. I had a couple of friends, multiple times, have boats they were planning on getting, get sold from under them. I’m not even sure how much water a deposit holds when someone offers full asking (or higher) before you can close the deal.

5. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Like said in an earlier post, finding someone on BBC thats local to the boat and ask them to go look at it.

Several years ago, i bought one in Norman OK. I did talk to the guy and he told me a few things about it, but i took the chance and drove from Louisiana to OK to look at it and test drive.....ended up buying it.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

6. Member
    In mid June I drove from upstate NY to SW Colorado to pick up a boat. The deal started months before with lots of very detailed pics. The one thing that sealed it all was working with a seller with high integrity. He made a commitment to me not to sell it until I got there. The used market being what it is he knew he could sell it in a day if I didn't like it. He was offered more to let it go sooner, but stayed true to his word. I in, turn did the same. I had close to 25 people from all parts of the country that wanted to come see and purchase my old Champion. I took them in order of their response and did not move on until they assured me they couldn't make the trip. I know this wouldn't work for many here and that's fine. I'm old school, still honoring a handshake commitment.

7. Member
    I would ask all the questions and look at as many pictures as possible but still NOT commit to anything until I did my own looking and tire kicking.

8. Member
    I requested lots of pics and made a list of questions ahead of time like; from 1-5 what is condition of seats, gel coat, electronics, batteries, etc. My best advice is before you are ready to commit, find the nearest outboard dealer for the engine brand and pay for a buyers inspection. Cost is usually less than $100 and they can check compression and computer read outs, bent shaft, etc. Good luck!

9. Member
    I lost my ranger in ida and had no time to look. Found one on online at Thayers marine in no norwich ct. big ranger dealership. Cut deal on phone and had them ship it to me in s Louisiana. Great people to deal with and they sent me 5 new tires from ranger a new cover and 2 new ranger seats. I didn’t even ask for them. Great people

10. Member
    I bought my boat from a guy 750 miles away.He delivered it.

April, 2077 miles round trip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12