'12 z521 TM Lithium Batteries Upgrade

Even though I want one, I don't need a R boat. I don't need a R boat...Ha.

Has anyone been able to fit 3 Ionic 12v 100 aH in an Ionic 3 battery tray or 3 Lithium Pros 12.8v 90 aH in an 3 battery tray on the port battery section by your TM power switch? I have done some preliminary measurements around my batteries (21.25" L x 15" W). It seems like I can SQUEEZE them in there. Ha. Before I melt my credit card, I want to know someone else has pulled this off.

Thanks in advance!!!

2. Member
    Yes the tree ionic 50’s will fit in the port side. I had all three in my last ranger and also installed three in a friend’s 520c
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

3. Member
    I fit three Relion 100AH lithium batteries on the port side battery section using the BBT three battery tray.

4. Member
    Read this thread http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....349&highlight=

Lots of info and pics on my Z521C and Ionics.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

I fit 3 Dakota lithium 54ah batteries in my port side. Had a local fab shop bend me up a battery tray out of 10 ga aluminum
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan

6. Member
    I really appreciate guys!!! Thanks for building my confidence!!!

8C7313AB-86BE-4DC8-9905-850BEB74A248.jpegI have 3 29/31’s there so lithium should fit
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

8. Member
    Thank you!!! Obviously, it is an expensive upgrade, but not as expensive as an R boat. I thought they would fit, but seeing the pictures and the reading jpt7779's thread gives me the confidence to pull the trigger.

Lithium batteries are a little interesting trying to figure out which battery is the best. I read a lot of BBC posts and talked to 3 of the BBC lithium brand favorites. The whole
    "made in China" and slapping a company sticker on the battery makes my wheels turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradd View Post
    Thank you!!! Obviously, it is an expensive upgrade, but not as expensive as an R boat. I thought they would fit, but seeing the pictures and the reading jpt7779's thread gives me the confidence to pull the trigger.

Lithium batteries are a little interesting trying to figure out which battery is the best. I read a lot of BBC posts and talked to 3 of the BBC lithium brand favorites. The whole
    "made in China" and slapping a company sticker on the battery makes my wheels turn.
    while you can buy Chinese batteries that have labels slapped on them many of the reputable US companies buy the cells from China and assemble them in the US. The big differences between them are the manner they attach the cells together, the quality of the BMS they use to run them and how close to rating they actually are.
    There is a guy on YouTube, will prowse, who tests all kinds of batteries and bms systems. He has some interesting stuff.
    Butch Derickson
    2011 Z521 w/250 hp SHO
    Traverse City, Michigan