Wavy bottom of hull?

I met a guy 2 days ago who has a 1 yr old Vexus 2080. I was talking with him about pros/cons of the boat. Only con he had was the wavy hull on bottom from running fast in less than smooth water. My question....Does Xpress hulls get wavy any at all? I know most others have .100 alum where Xpress has .125. I am looking at the X19 and X21.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Only waves on mine are from previous owners driving through stump fields.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    I had one fellow tell me he hit a huge log under the water on Lake Cumberland last spring & it put a dent in the bottom of his x 21 & he lost 5 mph. That's the only one i've ever heard about. I use to have an H-56 & never had a problem & it hit plenty on Cumberland because it's usually awful & can be down right dangerous until early summer. I wouldn't be afraid of denting one myself because they're very tough in my opinion.

thanks for these replies. Makes me feel better about Xpress and shake my head at other makes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    I met a guy 2 days ago who has a 1 yr old Vexus 2080. I was talking with him about pros/cons of the boat. Only con he had was the wavy hull on bottom from running fast in less than smooth water. My question....Does Xpress hulls get wavy any at all? I know most others have .100 alum where Xpress has .125. I am looking at the X19 and X21.
    Mine is a .100 and I have had 0 issues with water causing hull bending. Now when I got the boat it had 2 hooks in the hull from sitting on the bunks too far back. That was quickly fixed and the front moved forward. No more issues. CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

6. Member
    I know my X19 was not 'wavy' when I sold it. I treated it like any other fiberglass boat. I never beat on it, but I did run it harder in rough water than I do my Ranger ..... mainly b/c it rode so much smoother.

I also know that I've owned a few Xpress duck boats over the years (still do). We JUMP a lot of stuff that we really shouldn't while duck hunting. I don't treat it like it's an anvil ........ but 'a tractor doing bulldozer work' might be more accurate. I think there might be some paint scratches but that's it. LOL!!!
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

7. Member
    My first 2 Xpress hulls, an X 54 and X 17 were .100 and both had a dent above the running surface from hitting a floating log but had no effect on performance. My current boat is 2021 X 18 I've had for a full year and still smooth as the day I bought it.

8. Member
    Hit a floater last winter and dented my X19 above the running water line. Doesn't affect it at all.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC