Bullet XRS and a Lowrance ghost

hey guys, My trolling motor took the day off in my last tournament and I have been planning to upgrade it anyway, so I am looking into new options. I would like to install a new 47 inch Lowrance Ghost. I have heard stories from other Bullet guys about the increased weight of the Ghost causing speed loss, but don't know if that would be a concern for me or not. how many people here run a ghost on their bullet? Any pro's or con's that you can speak of? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Brad

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygreenihc View Post
    hey guys, My trolling motor took the day off in my last tournament and I have been planning to upgrade it anyway, so I am looking into new options. I would like to install a new 47 inch Lowrance Ghost. I have heard stories from other Bullet guys about the increased weight of the Ghost causing speed loss, but don't know if that would be a concern for me or not. how many people here run a ghost on their bullet? Any pro's or con's that you can speak of? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
    Brad
    I went from a 105 MG X5 to a ghost and seen zero diffrence. Mind you that was on a 20 footer. But even if i would of lost a bit i wouldn't of cared, so worth it. I went from 3.2mph to 4.0mph and way better batterie life and spot lock is more useful then i could of imagined

3. Member
    I love mine but ordered it that way so don’t know if it made it any slower or not came from a 20xd so it’s a good bit slower.
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

4. Member
    It being a little slower would not be a big deal for me since I seldom run wide open anyway. I plan to buy one, but wanted to hear everyones opinion on it. Did any of you buy the trolling motor wedge? or is one even needed?

5. Member
    Mine is mounted conventional style and no wedges. when its deployed it's straight up and down. doesn't look like it would be but it is.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

6. Member
    I don’t have the wedge and as far as I can tell don’t need it. I will say mine is mounted traditional and to start with I didn’t have the brace leg on it bc it would have been resting on the side of the boat and not the carpet and a rough tournament the troller rubbed a place on the boat. Since then I bent the rod so it will rest on the carpet and all is good .
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

7. Member
    I'm running a Ghost on my 20XDC, no wedges, I mounted mine Tennessee style. My boat is a 2003 model so I've had several different trolling motors on it over the years. I didn't notice any speed difference, and I think if there was a difference it would be so minimal prob wouldn't matter, as its been said, it would be worth a mile per hour maybe even 2 when compared to the benefits of the Ghost, love the Ghost. My Dad recently bought a new Garmin and it's an awesome trolling motor too, but having run both, I still prefer the Ghost..

8. Member
    Thanks for the info guys.

Couple more small things.
    Did you have to drill new holes in the boat to mount it, or does it have the same bolt pattern as a Minn Kota?

Secondly, is the 47 inch model long enough? What length do you guys recommend?

Brad

9. Member
    Same bolt pattern and 47" is perfect on mine!
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

10. Member
    Thanks djb750, that is exactly what I wanted to hear.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygreenihc View Post
    Thanks for the info guys.

Couple more small things.
    Did you have to drill new holes in the boat to mount it, or does it have the same bolt pattern as a Minn Kota?

Secondly, is the 47 inch model long enough? What length do you guys recommend?

Brad
    The lowrance ghost has dual mounting holes, so don't matter if your got a MG or MK you can mount it without drilling new holes.. Just a FYI

12. Member
    47" has been perfect on my 20xdc. I have a 250R and 10' power poles hanging off a 14" jackplate, so my boat sits like a crappie bobber in the water, and the 47 works great, even in big waves.

13. Member
    Want to share opinions about your trolling motors? Looking for input on Lowrance Ghost, Minn Kota Ultrex, and Garmin Force--paid interview, no sales of any kind. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/67731...400020?list=CL

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by schmavis View Post
    Want to share opinions about your trolling motors? Looking for input on Lowrance Ghost, Minn Kota Ultrex, and Garmin Force--paid interview, no sales of any kind. https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/67731...400020?list=CL
    Lemme think about that, no thanks...
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

15. Member
    47 would be too short for me. My 52" ultrex still comes out of the water at times.