Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RazorCat View Post
    You can, of course, install them on either side of the deck. I know of two people that have them mounted on opposite sides of the deck. Very handy when you’re both fishing off the front, and you’re moving a lot throughout the day. They are sold as singles though.
    Thanks, but are "doubles", or 2 per side needed??

2. Member
    My Pantera has bungees and my Falcon has buckles. Buckles are better hands down.

I'm sure they are not made "as good as they use to be." , Really I have never heard any quality issues with them, when I had them they were great, my biggest issue was the clip catching a line on a rod when retracting. Almost threw a rod overboard a few times doing that.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I'm sure they are not made "as good as they use to be." , Really I have never heard any quality issues with them, when I had them they were great, my biggest issue was the clip catching a line on a rod when retracting. Almost threw a rod overboard a few times doing that.
    I'm with ya' Bryan. I've had mine installed for a couple of years now and they've worked 100%. There's also been zero degradation due to UV and outside elements.

5. Member
    I’ve never had a problem with my Rod buckles. I don’t let them snap back into the gunnel to lessen wear and tear. Mine latch on the rod locker lid and it allows other rods to be removed. My brother’s boat has bungees, you don’t want that style if you fish barefoot because the deck D-ring is like stepping on a Lego.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayak View Post
    My brother’s boat has bungees, you don’t want that style if you fish barefoot because the deck D-ring is like stepping on a Lego.
    Perfect description

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123