Thread: Wavy Bottom

Wavy Bottom

I ran into a fella yesterday who has a 2080 (1-2 yrs old) he bought new. He said he loves the boat but this boat, along with 3 prior alum boats he has owned the bottom hulls gets wavy from running wide open. I am guessing he meant the space between the bracing bars. If I am correct is this the normal? I do not want a wavy hull.

2. Member
    Running in ruff water and wide open will dent the hull.

that is not good. Surely the inside of the hull design would have front to rear bracing to prevent that I would have hoped. Maybe aluminum is not what I need because I tend to go fast alot.

0.125 hull may be what you need Vexus has 0.100 except the transom is 0.125. Xpress uses 0.125 on everything I believe you would have to check.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    0.125 hull may be what you need Vexus has 0.100 except the transom is 0.125. Xpress uses 0.125 on everything I believe you would have to check.
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1146456 read thread, 2022 1980's and 2080's are getting .125" thickness on everything.

still nothing about .125 on their website

7. Member
    Are you sure it's "wavy" and not just the weld lines?

He said wavy...meaning dips between the braces.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    Yeah I get that. Concave panels. I'm just wondering if it's an illusion from the weld markings or actually concaved.

Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Running in ruff water and wide open will dent the hull.
    Really? I do not think this is the norm.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    Really? I do not think this is the norm.
    If that's the norm they should never produce another boat till its fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=1146456 read thread, 2022 1980's and 2080's are getting .125" thickness on everything.
    Read the thread.....and it has no links to where it is published.

But then again, if you read it on the Internet it's true, right?

13. Member
    Read the thread.....and it has no links to where it is published.

But then again, if you read it on the Internet it's true, right?
    Obviously not good enough, On the said thread I said I made the phone call to the man in charge at Vexus Keith Daffron due to a second hull failure, I was concerned about another boat being built if the same method's or material is being applied it would fail again.

I am not a spokes person of Vexus and I dont care if you take what is in my posts to be gospel. I am simply letting people know what I have been told. Grizz, you have a phone and you are more than capable (I would hope) to dial the same number I did to find that information, he told me the new thicknesses and being that he did I highly doubt it is proprietary information at this point and I am sure he will tell you the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ksmith3510 View Post
    Obviously not good enough, On the said thread I said I made the phone call to the man in charge at Vexus Keith Daffron due to a second hull failure, I was concerned about another boat being built if the same method's or material is being applied it would fail again.

I am not a spokes person of Vexus and I dont care if you take what is in my posts to be gospel. I am simply letting people know what I have been told. Grizz, you have a phone and you are more than capable (I would hope) to dial the same number I did to find that information, he told me the new thicknesses and being that he did I highly doubt it is proprietary information at this point and I am sure he will tell you the same.
    I learned a long time ago to get everyting in writing.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    <br>
    I have concave areas in my G3 HP180 (150 Yamaha), right in front of the transom and it acts like a trim tab and wedged the bow down such that is doesn't really get on pad and slows the boat down a lot since it plows water. I always wondered if there was a 'work around" to smooth the hull out, even if artificially with a filler of a welded on second section on top of the original hull.<br><br>

16. Member
    I learned a long time ago to get everyting in writing.
    ex-military I would assume? I agree you statement here, I sure would like to see it written somewhere official as well.

17. Member
    Well my 2019 avx1880 has waves or ripples up front also and is currently back at vexus a 2nd time in 6 months cracked weld first time and now all the paint peeled of the bottom where the repaired it if anything happens again I'm getting rid of it enough is enough !!!!

18. Member
    Everybody here cracks me up with not believing the .125 hull for 2022. I'm sure it's not posted on the website yet because they are redoing the website and specs for the 2022 model year boats. When those updates are done, you will see .125 in writing. But, for now, all I can say is that it's true.
    VC Marine
    Cashion Rods
    Lew's
    Vexus Boats

2022 Vexus VX21, 250 ProXS

Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    Everybody here cracks me up with not believing the .125 hull for 2022. I'm sure it's not posted on the website yet because they are redoing the website and specs for the 2022 model year boats. When those updates are done, you will see .125 in writing. But, for now, all I can say is that it's true.
    Since Vexus came out I have not ever seen them list the hull thickness or the hull weight in their specs of the AVX and I have looked often. I don't know their reason and not being mean, I just never understood why.

Quote Originally Posted by Siuebass0 View Post
    You're the Director Of Information Technology at Advanced Marine Performance Steve, is this true that the website is being re-done?
    Last edited by Grizzly; 10-29-2021 at 01:26 PM.