BLASTER vs RAZOR

Has anyone tried these two props in the same pitch? I am curious how they'd perform in a head to head comparison.

It's not that easy.... One could be better on a Ranger and the other better on a Skeeter... Or one is better on an 18ft boat and the other better on a 21ft boat etc...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Hi Trace, I tried a Blaster on my boat engine combo (which is almost the same as yours) and the 24P Blaster was the slowest of the 5 props I tried due to very high slippage close to 30%. On the other hand, Hayabusa had a similar Checkmate to ours but with a 400R / Sportsmaster and claimed the Blaster ran well and got close to 83mph.
    Most people say a Razor is usually 1 - 2 mph slower than a Bravo on many bass boats but often have other desirable characteristics. Mark Croxton felt he could not improve my Bravo FS due to the low slip, and perhaps only improve my ProMax by 1 mph. So I will likely sell my 24 ProMax and keep trying other props.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulsare2020 View Post
    Hi Trace, I tried a Blaster on my boat engine combo (which is almost the same as yours) and the 24P Blaster was the slowest of the 5 props I tried due to very high slippage close to 30%. On the other hand, Hayabusa had a similar Checkmate to ours but with a 400R / Sportsmaster and claimed the Blaster ran well and got close to 83mph.
    Most people say a Razor is usually 1 - 2 mph slower than a Bravo on many bass boats but often have other desirable characteristics. Mark Croxton felt he could not improve my Bravo FS due to the low slip, and perhaps only improve my ProMax by 1 mph. So I will likely sell my 24 ProMax and keep trying other props.
    Thank you
    1996 Checkmate Pulsare 2100 Closed Deck / 2018 Merc 250 Pro XS