1996 20DC Set Up

OK i've got most of what i need to hit the water. 225pm with sporty and a few props to try. 3 different 28et copies, 29 3 blade spinelli, 26trophy, and a 26 tempest. I was told to run it 1 1/4 above the pad and a 14" jack plate. I'm hoping this thing will run faster than the norris craft i had. With basically the same props the norris ran 87+ with me and all my fishing gear, and 86 with the b&b trohpy. Any tips would be appreciated, thanks. And I will keep y'all informed.

2. Member
    Sounds awesome.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Think the only way this will be faster than your last it will have to be empty and by your self. Those are good numbers for a 225 if it’s stock.
    Bullet 21XRS 250 pro xs serial#2B775575

4. Member
    The norris was me by myself but I did have all my gear and troller. The motor was stock and was told by a couple of norris craft guru's in east TN that my norris was the fastest 20'er with a stock 225 they had seen. In fact one of them didn't believe it was running that fast so I took a trip to knoxville and showed him. I actually didn't take the trip to show him, I needed to go to knoxville anyways. lol SURELY my bullet should be faster based on what I'm reading from a few.

5. Member
    Well, IMO, if you can get mid 80's in a 20 dual console in fishing trim with a stock 225, you have an extremely fast DC! Sounds like fun. Now a 280, well.....

6. Member
    You are going to need a 30P BC Chopper II, BC Performer 3, or an ET to see 90. That will be light, and it will not fish well, slow out of the hole.