Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I can't speak to / for the boat industry or BCB. But, I can speak extensively to the aircraft industry. The delays and challenges to the global supply chain are by far the worst we've ever experienced. We've had to lengthen many processes and find creative ways to keep people employed just due to parts shortages and raw materials not being available like they have been for 30+ years. Even items that have NEVER been a challenge, and thus were taken for granted, are long lead items now and in some cases, we have NO delivery dates. It's caused us to re-write terms and conditions on contracts. It's also caused very strange scenarios for "work arounds" such as us buying or supplying raw materials to our suppliers just because we have items in stock that they can no longer get, or are taking forever. Add to this that it's been happening for so long now that it's become "acceptable", and the problem gets worse still. Many companies have become reliant on the "Covid" excuse and there is little sense of urgency on their part. IMHO, this problem, overall, will get worse before it gets better.

We will have a post coming on availability of parts and issue relating to rising prices.

BCB

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    We will have a post coming on availability of parts and issue relating to rising prices.

BCB
    Any update on this? I have a friend that ordered a puma sts and is worried that he will have to wait longer than the 6 months the dealer told him and have to pay more too.

The Puma STS is the most in demand new boat we have ever launched. Going back to the 1988 Pantera II and Sabre models nothing has even come close. Todays internet world made the new Puma STS viral in many ways. Today we have the web, the was the on water at Public Demo Day, after that there were many videos immediately, and it’s just now starting to hit the market. We have never had a model rise so fast to the top when fewer than 15 or 20 exist at this time in the entire market, to date.

The first consumer we have are our business partners, our Bass Cat dealers. We spent 75 days loading some inventory, which is moving off racks as soon as the product is on the showroom floors.

They are sending memos to dealers tomorrow on the production status and schedule decisions. After that they are reloading a revised schedule, this is to accommodate a determined order base and as versatile of an dealer mix possible. Details will be given to the dealers by their RSM’s after everything is set.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 11-14-2021 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Grammar

5. Member
    I went on a factory tour this past Friday and the gentleman giving the tour said it takes 9 days to build a Cat from start to finish.
    After the tour was over, I wanted to go right back through it again. It was very impressive and something I will remember forever.
    I highly recommend the factory tour !

Factory tours are interesting. Did the Norwood GM plant in 68. They were making firebirds and camaros.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    Factory tours are interesting. Did the Norwood GM plant in 68. They were making firebirds and camaros.
    go to bowling green sometime and tour the vette plant really cool!
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Quote Originally Posted by mactlman View Post
    go to bowling green sometime and tour the vette plant really cool!
    Thank I'll bet there is a lot less people working on the line today!

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

9. Member
    Just ordered a Pantera II yesterday. The wait is going to be agonizing but well worth it I'm sure.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwmosely View Post
    Just ordered a Pantera II yesterday. The wait is going to be agonizing but well worth it I'm sure.
    I am a few months into my P2 ownership. While not perfect, I wouldn't trade it for any other boat. It just fits me that well. Oh, and it's absolutely gorgeous.
    2021 BassCatt Pantera II
    200 Pro XS(3B056653)
    Motorguide Tour Pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12