Where to fish in Texas lake and Go!!!!

Well from Kansas and have little time so was thinking about fishing somewhere in Texas. I won’t be able to go till probably first of November. I don’t care about big fish just like to catch fish. Obviously bass. Not super picky where just excited to get away more than anything. Any suggestions would appreciated thanks

2. Member
    Falcon, Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend, Choke Canyon, and Amistad in that order would be my choices. All will be fishing good that time of the year it just depends on your fishing skills and desires as to which one would best best for you.

3. Member
    If you want numbers of decent fish, I would suggest a number of power plant lakes in Texas. I would do it soon before more of the plants are shut down and the fishing goes to sh** like the others (Bastrop, Coleto Creek, We Long (Decker)). Fayette fishes good near year round, small, easy to pattern the fish. 25-50 fish per day is common. Most of the "Still Operating" power plant lakes have parks with camping/cabin options as well. It's not that the lakes that have already been suggested aren't good lakes because they are, but show up to them for the 1st time and you'll be disappointed!! They are very large lakes that take time to learn to get the fish figured out. Hence the reason why a "travelling" club tournament may have a 10-15 lb bag win their tourney and a "Local" club will take 25-30+ lb bag to win. If Falcon/Choke/Rayburn/Toledo are on your bucket list I highly suggest hiring a guide for the first half or full day and go from there.

Fork, Rayburn and Toledo Bend. Not really that far from each other if your coming down for a week or so. One of my most memorable trips my dad took me on as a kid was when we spent 3-4 days on 3 different lakes. in a 2 week period. Livingston, Rayburn, Toledo Bend.

For me its hard to beat Fayette county for numbers and average size, as stated above, I can count on one hand how many times I did not catch over 25 fish on Fayette. Nice campgrounds too. Have had 5-6 trips in the last few years we caught over 100 fish.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

5. Member
    Fayette has changed to due the lack of grass and the cast netters. Still a good lake if you know it but still difficult at times.

6. Member
    Thanks guys. I have fished falcon And amistad loved it. But was going to try and stay a little closer to the north of Texas. I’ll definitely look into those other lakes.

Texhoma, Ray Roberts, Bridgeport, fork, lewisville, grapevine, tawakoni all in north texas area and an hr to 2 hr drive from the Dallas area. Lots of little lakes around also.

Hubbard Creek and Possum Kingdom.

9. Member
    Just go to Rayburn and catch numbers while waiting for that big bite! Fish your style shallow and move around every once in a while. They live there!

10. Member
    I've got some days available in November and December for guide trips if you are interested. I specialize in offshore fishing on Sam Rayburn and the numbers can get really really good. A lot of 50-100+ fish days.

11. Member
    Depends what your looking for. Rayburn and teledo bend are the well known places. If you want a nice scenery that is different, go to caddo lake