BEWARE OF THIEVES

I have hunting my property for 25 years never had to lock anything but about 3 weeks ago i had one of my cameras that send back pictures stop working went that day to check it out, well all four of my cameras were gone and the heaters ans chairs in all our hunting blinds were gone,having a hard time getting the sheriff dept to do any thing. i lost over a 1,000 dollars worth equipment and now can no longer put more back for fear of it getting stolen. there is a bunch of crack heads moved in the area we pretty sure that's who doing it they are walking in at night and packing everything out had one picture at night but not good enough to use against them
    Last edited by BBW; 10-06-2021 at 12:13 PM.

2. Member
    A crackhead thief out in the middle of the woods somewhere? The hardest part's already been done for ya. I hate a thief.
    Last edited by djb750; 10-06-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Bullet 21XRS
    Mercury Pro XS 250

3. Member
    Man that sucks! I had some cameras stolen a few years ago so I started placing them up high in trees and since then have just caught trespassers and poachers. Last guy I caught was dragging a 3 year old 8 point 3 ridges away from any property line on camera. Officer charged them with unlawful entry, trespassing, not hunting with orange, no hunting license, and failure to check the animal in. Prosecutor is a douche and knocked it all down to just a $50 trespass fine!!!!

4. Member
    We were watching the Texas game warden show last night, and I commented on how soft the courts were on the violators. Got to hit them hard to discourage them, IMO.
    John

I would get creative with hiding some cheap cameras and bait them in with some items they may think are worth stealing. My buddy was selling bundled fire wood at the end of his long driveway. He had a small metal tackle box and just used the honor system until a crackhead stole it. He spent a few hours prepping a stump and hid the camera inside. He got another small tackle box and screwed it down to the stump that the other one had always been on. It slowed the thief down enough to get some good pics. I had pics of him , his car and the girlfriend driving it. They where caught and busted by the police. Apparently the 2 of them where doing the same to others selling camp wood also. The crook also got a one on one visit from my buddy. My guess is he will be nervous even driving down the road past the driveway lol
    Proud Army Dad

6. Member
    Set your camera where it can be found.

War Eagle Blackhawk 2170 - Suzuki 150, MG Xi5
    Lowrance HDS 7" & 9" - Twin Talon 12' Anchors

Had my boat trailer tag stolen a few weeks ago at the ramp. Sheesh

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BCapes View Post
    Wow, that's just low.

10. Member
    Could set a cheap camera out and put the cellular camera watching it up high and hidden. If it takes a picture it’s going to get them getting that cheap camera and if they notice the other up high, will catch them facing it (hopefully) or climbing the tree. Or the way I caught a guy was I placed a camera hidden down the trail to the stand.

11. Member
    I wonder, some people are booby trapping boxes on their porch that do various things to Porch Pirates. Have anyone every thought or actually done a version of that for Game Camera's? and then had other more hidden camera's record the results? Seems like something that needs to be done.
    2017 Triton TRX Patriot w/250 ProXS Optimax

Just stock a bunch of rattlesnakes
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Squire View Post
    I wonder, some people are booby trapping boxes on their porch that do various things to Porch Pirates. Have anyone every thought or actually done a version of that for Game Camera's? and then had other more hidden camera's record the results? Seems like something that needs to be done.
    Sounds like something I would watch

14. Banned
    Sad that we have to put up with thieves that need to be prosecuted to the full extend of the law.