Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Power Pole Charge and Lithium Batteries

I am wondering if anyone has had issues with the Power Pole Charge showing that your batteries are completely charged but the Voltage readout on the CMonster app says otherwise. On the app it says my cranking battery is at 12.9v with a green check mark from the Charge showing it is fully charged and no charge is being directed to the cranking battery. Once I unplug my ac power cord the charge redirects power from the TM battery to the cranking battery. Has anyone had this issue? Any solutions?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I would call Power Pole. They have GREAT customer service>

3. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Do you have your settings within the app set to lithium and the proper AH ?

4. Member
    I contacted Power Pole and did a factory reset. That fixed it and now is charging properly.

5. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Grog83 View Post
    I contacted Power Pole and did a factory reset. That fixed it and now is charging properly.

Hitting that little orange button on the PP charge cures about 95% of any problems that may arise from time to time ! Glad you got it figured out
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    2021 Mercury ProXS 250hp 4S

7. Member
    Thank you for your help!

I was going to get Lithiums but then I was advised by a Lithium dealer the Charge doesnt always play well with Lithium. According to them PP is going to be doing more testing with some battery brands.

I have had the charge for a couple years now and I cant say its worth the money. Im constantly having to reset it to read my AGMs correctly. Several Diagnostics have been sent in and everything looks to be functioning correctly

PP's CS is the best in the business but their solution is just keep hitting the reset if that cures the problem. To me thats not a solution its just annoying.

Maybe they will update their software or something soon

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. BBC SPONSOR
    How old is the PP Charge? The first run of them had some big issues, the ones sold this year have been good so far.
    www.bassboatelectronics.com

2008 Bullet 21XRD
    2014 Merc 250 Pro XS

Knoxville, TN

Mine is one of the older ones... PP says there isnt anything wrong w it

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

Figure out what the 100% charge voltage is. Probably like 13.3v or something and just keep an eye on the system every time you fish before you go out and see what it’s at for voltage. If it acts up again let power pole know again. You can send them a diagnostics of the charge and they should be able to see something that is causing this.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I was going to get Lithiums but then I was advised by a Lithium dealer the Charge doesnt always play well with Lithium. According to them PP is going to be doing more testing with some battery brands.

I have had the charge for a couple years now and I cant say its worth the money. Im constantly having to reset it to read my AGMs correctly. Several Diagnostics have been sent in and everything looks to be functioning correctly

PP's CS is the best in the business but their solution is just keep hitting the reset if that cures the problem. To me thats not a solution its just annoying.

Maybe they will update their software or something soon
    Have ton of customers running the charge with our Impulse it's playing nice, not going to tell you the charge doesn't have its fair share of issues as you know however as far as playing well with lithium were not seeing any issues as far as that. Run the charge impulse setup on my personal boat

I don't understand the Charge at all. I thought a battery charger was supposed to charge batteries and keep them charged. The Charge doesn't do that.

It will mostly charge them and then drain them. I sent the charge back and they said no problems. Then I complained some more and they sent me a new one (great customer service). Then the new one does the same thing. One of my batteries is an impulse and is sitting at about 59% charge while plugged in. If I remove the charge the batteries won't drain.

It's setup with proper AH and Lithium in the app, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this can't be the way it's supposed to work.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LarsenNET View Post
    I don't understand the Charge at all. I thought a battery charger was supposed to charge batteries and keep them charged. The Charge doesn't do that.

It will mostly charge them and then drain them. I sent the charge back and they said no problems. Then I complained some more and they sent me a new one (great customer service). Then the new one does the same thing. One of my batteries is an impulse and is sitting at about 59% charge while plugged in. If I remove the charge the batteries won't drain.

It's setup with proper AH and Lithium in the app, I don't know what I'm doing wrong but this can't be the way it's supposed to work.
    Having a nearly identical issue with my Charge. It's also tripping/faulting on GFCI circuits. I sent it back to PowerPole and they returned it to me after it passed all their diagnostics.

15. Member
    My buddy had an issue with the charge not charging one of his three lithium trollers. He did a new updated down load via blue tooth and says it is all good now. I have had zero issues running my charge and all lithiums for 1.5 years now.

heres one for everyone i bought a brand new power pole charger this year with three brand new ionic lithium batteries for my 2020 nitro Z 21 and since then i am on power pole charger number three they say there all charged according to the c monster app but my ionic app says that one of the trolling motor batteries the middle one that is not directly hooked up to power pole charger is only at 75 percent so which one is correct i have talked to power pole they have made me send them diagnostics and say everything is ok basically pointin the finger at the batteries and i have tried swapping battery positions but the problem till persists i am ready to give up the power pole charger and get an ionics charger anyone have any advice

Quote Originally Posted by paultangherlini View Post
    heres one for everyone i bought a brand new power pole charger this year with three brand new ionic lithium batteries for my 2020 nitro Z 21 and since then i am on power pole charger number three they say there all charged according to the c monster app but my ionic app says that one of the trolling motor batteries the middle one that is not directly hooked up to power pole charger is only at 75 percent so which one is correct i have talked to power pole they have made me send them diagnostics and say everything is ok basically pointin the finger at the batteries and i have tried swapping battery positions but the problem till persists i am ready to give up the power pole charger and get an ionics charger anyone have any advice
    Yep, same problem. It's usually the middle battery. Clearly this is a problem that not only a couple of people have. Power Pole needs to address this!

18. Member
    Now we are seeing a pattern. Maybe one of the distributors can comment. My buddies was the center batter as well.

19. Member
    Same problem here. #2 trolling motor battery (middle one) will not charge fully and slowly loses charge over time. 3xIonic 100ah Lithium’s

Couple other issues with it, but the middle battery not charging full and slowly discharging is the biggest problem. Second charge unit, both have had the same problem.

I forwarded this thread to the customer service manager at Power Pole.
    My current troller readings (while plugged in):
    Batt 1 - 97%
    Batt 2 - 48%
    Batt 3 - 98%

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast