Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    Well the saga continues. After a week of charging the charger never did balance out the trolling motor batteries. But there was a firmware update to the charger so I just went from 2.0 to 2.03. Reset it and plugged it in. Now all I get is this: PowerPole Charge error? - YouTube
    Anybody have any idea what this light pattern means?

It just loops that over and over. Looks like I need to call PowerPole.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by juhealy View Post
    Well the saga continues. After a week of charging the charger never did balance out the trolling motor batteries. But there was a firmware update to the charger so I just went from 2.0 to 2.03. Reset it and plugged it in. Now all I get is this: PowerPole Charge error? - YouTube
    Anybody have any idea what this light pattern means?

It just loops that over and over. Looks like I need to call PowerPole.
    I was able to successfully install 2.03, but it took two attempts for some reason. In its release notes, there was no mention of the issue with some lithium battery models....so I was not expecting a fix with this release. I can confirm the problematic behavior I have been seeing with my Charge and Ionics continues with is new firmware.

3. Member
    After I posted this video, I also sent it to PowerPole and they replied right away. Those lights tell me that the batteries won't take a charge. After some back and forth with them we figured out that it got too cold in the garage (34 degrees) and the battery's controller stopped taking a charger. I left them plugged in for a few days and after it warmed up in the garage to above 40 degrees, everything is working perfectly and my 2nd trolling motor battery is now balanced with the first. I have Relion batteries so I don't know if the Ionics will act differently. The update seemed to have fixed my issue. We'll see how it goes throughout the winter. Hopefully in the spring when I pull it out everything is all good.

4. Member
    Understanding this is an old thread, but having the same issue with the Ionics and PP Charge. But mine did not happen until about 2 years after installing the Ionics and the Charge. PP couldn't tell me how often it would happen again if any and that the fix for now, was to swap the 3 x 12V Ionics for a single 36V TM battery and then no more issues should be had. So I pulled the 3 x 12 Volts out and swapped them for 2 x 36V 65aH TM batteries in parallel from Monster Marine (The 36V 50aH Ionic will NOT fit in the back of my Skeeter without me doing some fabrication) and the 125aH ionic for cranking and electronics. That is the route I went as that is what Nate at PP suggested or pull the Charge out which I did and do know want to do. Other than that, I had not had any issues for over 2 years until Dec 2022 when the #2 battery died on the water. Ended my fishing day.
    TIMM
    2020 SKEETER ZX 225
    2020 YAMAHA VMAZ SHO 225 HP
    2 x HELIX 9 MEGA DI+ G3N @ BOW
    1 X HELIX 12 MEGA SI+ G3N @ CONSOLE
    HUMMINBIRD MEGA 360
    HYDROWAVE
    DUAL 8 FT POWER POLE PRO SERIES II

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234