Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well I paid for the good Sunday today

Was two lazy to drive anywhere today, fished Carter. I knew better, it shut off in Aug. Thought with the water temps dropping they would trigger, they didn’t.

5 hours of practicing my casting and using side scan—— nothing.

2. Member
    Nice day to keep the memory out of your line. For me this time of year is hit or miss. Either I can do no wrong or you should just winterize the boat
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Was two lazy to drive anywhere today, fished Carter. I knew better, it shut off in Aug. Thought with the water temps dropping they would trigger, they didn’t.

5 hours of practicing my casting and using side scan—— nothing.
    let’s blame it on the high pressure… I think the moon phase is about to change as well. At least you gave it a shot, if you didn’t you might have spent the day wondering what might have happened. I’ve seen some nice bass caught in the spring at that lake on a YouTube channel. You know the guy that moved to Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    let’s blame it on the high pressure… I think the moon phase is about to change as well. At least you gave it a shot, if you didn’t you might have spent the day wondering what might have happened. I’ve seen some nice bass caught in the spring at that lake on a YouTube channel. You know the guy that moved to Texas.
    Steve? He moved to Illinois or Indiana. I fish Carter 2-3 times a week, spring, early summer. There are some nice fish in there, it has a 21” limit on bass. Doesn’t stop the meat eaters from taken everything they catch. I have never seen a Warden checking anyone, and I started going to that lake in the early 60’s.

5. Member
    I think he’s referring to Ben Miliken. He runs the Miliken Fishing channel on YouTube.

6. Member
    A 21” limit on bass sounds like a good deal but if nobody follows the rules/enforces than it does do much good. Yes it was Miliken fishing that I would watch there. I personally have never fished that lake.

7. Member
    Does anybody know how Steve is doing? I miss his videos and him posting?

8. Member
    Idk. He always had some good videos on okoboji. You guys getting out this weekend?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Idk. He always had some good videos on okoboji. You guys getting out this weekend?
    I’m going to set my camper up for my family tonight and head over after work tomorrow. If there’s room for my boat I might take it with me to the camp site. My sister (her husband is going to the Iowa-penn state game go hawks) and her kids are coming to the camper Saturday for the day and her 12yr boy would like to fish I bet…. I hope that works out because I would like to stay after those bass!!

10. Member
    Cool! Where are you camping at? Should be a good weekend for it. I’m heading out Saturday morning on the Cedar River here. Went out Tuesday after work for a few hours with a buddy. We ended up with 20 smallmouth. Nothing over #2 but still fun. Spinnerbait, jerkbait and even some on a spook. I’ll post a report after this weekend. Go PSU! Everyone I know is a Hawk fan. Been a PSU fan as long as I can remember

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by basscat tyler View Post
    Cool! Where are you camping at? Should be a good weekend for it. I’m heading out Saturday morning on the Cedar River here. Went out Tuesday after work for a few hours with a buddy. We ended up with 20 smallmouth. Nothing over #2 but still fun. Spinnerbait, jerkbait and even some on a spook. I’ll post a report after this weekend. Go PSU! Everyone I know is a Hawk fan. Been a PSU fan as long as I can remember
    lake Anita is were we are camping at. It’s only 30min from were I live. I got the camper setup and probably have room for the boat but my wife told me we have my parents and her parents coming as well Lol so I don’t know if I can work any fishing in?? Maybe Sunday afternoon when I get home.

12. Member
    Cool man. Have a good weekend

13. Member
    I talked to him before he moved. Did not seem excited for the move. Said he was leaving a rough state for bass to go to an even tougher one.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NEbass97 View Post
    I talked to him before he moved. Did not seem excited for the move. Said he was leaving a rough state for bass to go to an even tougher one.
    That’s interesting, he still makes good videos. Maybe he will like it better in the winter. I do miss watching the video he was doing on the same lake I fished. Seems I learned a few things from him.

Does anybody know how Steve is doing? I miss his videos and him posting?
    Thanks for asking! I moved to IL, currently deployed, and really didn't get much fishing done this year. I spent a week fishing in MN about a month ago but didn't film due to some camera issues. I promise that when I'm back home in the spring, I'll be fishing as much as I can making videos again.
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

16. Member
    If your looking for a new channel to follow, might I suggest my Channel Schmidt Fishing. I fish local tournament on our lakes. I have a video premiering tonight at 7pm. If it's not for you then no worries.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SchmidtFishing

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    Thanks for asking! I moved to IL, currently deployed, and really didn't get much fishing done this year. I spent a week fishing in MN about a month ago but didn't film due to some camera issues. I promise that when I'm back home in the spring, I'll be fishing as much as I can making videos again.
    Great to hear from you Steve. I hope you come home to your family safe and soon!!

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaAngler View Post
    If your looking for a new channel to follow, might I suggest my Channel Schmidt Fishing. I fish local tournament on our lakes. I have a video premiering tonight at 7pm. If it's not for you then no worries.

https://www.youtube.com/c/SchmidtFishing
    Thanks for letting me know… But I already watch all your videos :-)

Great to hear from you Steve. I hope you come home to your family safe and soon!!
    Thank you but I just got here. Six more months to go!
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    Thank you but I just got here. Six more months to go!
    Where are you deployed to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast