Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Chili - And the leftovers

I can whip up one hell of a batch of chili and love to do so about every other week in the cooler weather. The day I make it I always put together a batch of corn bread in an old cast iron skillet and usually crumble a little of that in, sometimes I throw a little cheese in there, and on a very rare occasion I will add a little sour cream.

Now leftovers with chili is where I get to have a lot of fun. This weekend my lady and I made a pot of chili on Saturday night and Sunday when we got back from a successful morning on the water, we whipped up some Slingers. Those from the St Louis area know what they are, but if you don't its hash browns, hamburger patty, egg fried over easy, dressed with chili and cheese. After that its time for a nap.

I also love to make chili, cheese, and scrambled egg breakfast burritos, or chili and cheese burritos for a quick lunch. My son loves it when we make chili mac, and I've done baked taters slathered in chili, cheese and onions too.

Trying to think of some other options that might be good, what do you do with your leftover chili? Anybody ever tried to make stuffed peppers with chili vs the normal rice and hamburger mixture? Obviously chili cheese dip for a party or football game is always a hit.

2. Member
    hotdogs

^^^^^^^^^

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

4. Member
    Nachos

5. Member
    I always like the leftover chili thrown over a bowl of noodles. Elbow macaroni is my favorite way but spaghetti noodles work well too. If it’s over noodles I amp up the heat with fresh jalapeños, the noodles work with the extra heat
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

6. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Chili & Cheese Hamburger, Chili & Cheese Nachos, Frito Chili Pie, 3 Way Chili

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

7. Member
    Ohhhh walking chili. Small bag of fritos, add in the chili, cheese, or whatever else you add in chili. Great for camping.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    hotdogs
    D'oh, totally forgot chili-dogs. Those are definitely a staple leftover usage.

I’ve made chili stuffed peppers. Both bell and poblano. Both are excellent. Also made enchiladas. I make ‘enchlasagna’ with it. Make a bunch of enchilada sauce. In a casserole dish layer corn tortillas, meat, shredded cheese, and sauce. Each layer is topped by the tortillas. Make about 3 layers, cover it with the tortillas, some more sauce and cheese over the top and bake at 350 for @ 45 min. A little sour cream, diced onion and tomato, cilantro, and yes even finely chopped lettuce. Freshly chopped jalapeño if you like.
    Last edited by fr8dog; 10-05-2021 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    I always like the leftover chili thrown over a bowl of noodles. Elbow macaroni is my favorite way but spaghetti noodles work well too. If it’s over noodles I amp up the heat with fresh jalapeños, the noodles work with the extra heat
    Than works... Hawaii style is over rice. (note Japanese rice)

Hot dogs, spaghetti, sloppy joes.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

12. Member
    In a bowl just like the night before. Always seems to be better the 2nd day!

13. Member
    Try over mashed taters sometime. Shredded cheese on top.

Loaded baked potato with chili, cheese, sour cream, green onions and bacon. Too bad I don't get to eat like that anymore because of my heart condition.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-o-maticjm View Post
    In a bowl just like the night before. Always seems to be better the 2nd day!
    This!

16. Member
    Over crispy French fries and cheese on top, in fact that’s whet we’re having for dinner tonight.

17. Member
    Frito burrito is one of my favorites.

18. Member
    chili over fritos, spaghetti, tater tots, french fries, chili dogs, baked spud, it is real good over a open faced cheese burger, nachos, chili mac, or just put it in a bowl and eat it. Chili is very versatile. I have even put chili over chocolate cake and yellow cake with vanilla icing and that was really good. Don't knock it till ya try it. The sweet mixed with the savory chili just works.
    2018 Ram Big Horn Crew With "CUMMINS POWER"
    2016 Bullet 21 XRD 250 PRO XS
    Minn Kota Ultrex
    Lowrance
    Garmin
    Bravo XS Prop
    Bobs Hyd. 14" Plate

19. Member
    Sounds really good. What kind of beans do you use and can you PM me your recipe.

Don't forget to add in some "Beano" for gas control!!!
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast