Rt188p. Passenger console?

Anybody have a passenger console on theirs? Worth the money? I’ve been trying to locate one and no luck except ordering one. Which might have by next summer 😭 I’m thinking it will help my wife with wind and all. Maybe even little storage for her. Any cons to it beside price lol. Effect the top end? Room much?
    thx crab

2. Member
    Not a P, but I ordered my boat with the passenger console. I love having it. I like having the extra room and all of my coanglers have commented on how they appreciate having it there. I haven't ever felt like it got in my way or effected space to fish or land fish.
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

3. Member
    I kind of wish I would have ordered the 2nd console. Its nice to have in the winter, when I've been the guest in my buddies boat.

My girlfriend really wishes I had the passenger console, wind makes her eyes water...if I could find one for a 2014 RT188 might be a good buy. I wish they had built these with pad hulls from the get go. I love my boat but I imagine it improves performance?

2014 Ranger RT188
    115 Merc 4s, laser II 20p
    humminbirds

5. Member
    ordered mine with one. Love it. Glove box really comes in handy. Great in late fall through spring. Oh and also helps keep stuff out of weather.
    Semper Fi

6. Member
    Put one on mine for my wife. Looks fantastic, but it comes in at 125#. Large glove box, too.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver

7. Member
    I have a 198p but I love my dual console. Somewhere to throw my phone, keys, etc.. Nicer in the colder months for my dad as well. He hated my last boat on a 40 degree morning lol

8. Member

They work out well on the 188, you don't get cramped putting rods in and out like many DC 18'ers because of the center rod locker.

9. Member
    Don't want to hijack, but do you think its possible to order a 2nd console for a 2016 now that Johnny has taken over?

10. Member
    Shouldn’t be an issue Bassakward

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ratfishin View Post
    Shouldn’t be an issue Bassakward
    Hmm guess I'll give C&O a call and see what the cost would be.

Smith Mountain Lake, VA and a cottage in Ontario
    Another vote for the passenger console. Wife loves it and I don't know if she'd go out with me as much if I didn't have it. Now one might think "hey, maybe not having the wife in the boat would be better" and I can understand that thought. But the missus seems to be good luck for me and she's never missed a big fish with the net (sure hope I didn't just jinx myself).

13. Member
    Thx all. Next is try find best place to order one. I couldnt find them online. So I guess off to dealers �� unless someone else knows another place to get one lol
    thx
    crab

After years of dual console boats Skeeter, Champion, Gambler I bought a 188p and I am so happy to not have one. Mainly due to being able to get down and lip fish. I would have gotten a console if I where younger and everything didn’t pop when I bent over.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

I have one on order.
    ジェラルドの天候
    2021 Ranger 188P 115 Merc CT
    SWMBO ProStaff

16. Southern Cross Crappie
    Someone on the FB group "Ranger Aluminum Boat Owners" had one for sale yesterday. It came off of a 188p. I almost bought it for my 198p, figured it was the same unit?

17. Member
    Got one for my wife as soon as I got it in 2017. She loves it and the storage is large. It is 125#, so expect some loss in top end.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver