Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nice compliment to BBC

Listening to Cara Davison on BTL this morning interesting to hear her comments in respect to BBC, have a listen if you get a chance. Saying something when you have Senior VP’s paying attention, Good job Al
    2019 Ford F-150 Platinum (3.5EcoBoost/10spd)
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P
    Helix 12 Mega G2N’s with Ultrex
    Think like a fish, no matter how weird it gets

2. Member
    Cara if you are reading this you need to run for some political position. That interview was painful. What could have been answered in a few words was talked around like I was being sold a used car from a shady car lot. I literally wanted to say shut up and just answer the damn question.

Can you just give us the cliff notes? Or at least post a link with the time segment.

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    Listening to Cara Davison on BTL this morning interesting to hear her comments in respect to BBC, have a listen if you get a chance. Saying something when you have Senior VP’s paying attention, Good job Al
    Mark had to basically beg someone from White River to come on I will not give them any props.
    2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Can you just give us the cliff notes? Or at least post a link with the time segment.
    It was in the first few minutes of the interview, just commented that WWMG appreciates the customer and consumer feedback and sample they get from being members here. The bulk of the interview was politically correct and business talk around an answer. Just thought the comment of BBC were positive and worth a nod. They’re listening to the feedback to build the business. The interview isn’t going to change your opinion of BPS
    **Listed FOR SALE**2014 Ranger Z119C w/ Evinrude ETEC 225HO Running Croxton’s Razor 4XL 25P

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Here is the whole show.

2019 BassCat Lynx 2019 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke - 2B573410
    "Reality Is Often Disappointing."

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckfishin View Post
    Mark had to basically beg someone from White River to come on I will not give them any props.
    For the record, nod was to Al and BBC, not BPS/WWMG.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Axkiker View Post
    That interview was painful.
    X 1,000,000!

9. Member
    Not sure if Al cares or not but a compliment like that can’t be bad. Al does a great job but no one I ever met can make anything worry or trouble free. This is the only site I get on period! Over all most on here seem to be good people. Other sites,not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Not sure if Al cares or not but a compliment like that can’t be bad. Al does a great job but no one I ever met can make anything worry or trouble free. This is the only site I get on period! Over all most on here seem to be good people. Other sites,not so much.
    That was a great compliment. As I've always said, it's the people that make BBC what it is and that compliment really goes to our members.

11. Member
    Thanks Al for being so humble!

12. Member
    Yet she said they were all readily available

Quote Originally Posted by XingEyeballs View Post
    It was in the first few minutes of the interview, just commented that WWMG appreciates the customer and consumer feedback and sample they get from being members here. The bulk of the interview was politically correct and business talk around an answer. Just thought the comment of BBC were positive and worth a nod. They’re listening to the feedback to build the business. The interview isn’t going to change your opinion of BPS

Thanks

Cool interview. Congrats Al. I do agree Ranger used to be the top bass boat in the industry however, the quality of the new rangers I have seen are not going to keep Ranger at the top for long.

So, who's Mark and what's BTL?

Quote Originally Posted by Big dreams View Post
    Cool interview. Congrats Al. I do agree Ranger used to be the top bass boat in the industry however, the quality of the new rangers I have seen are not going to keep Ranger at the top for long.
    Right, they're just falling apart and sinking in lakes all across the country. Lmfao!! Go order a new one and see what the lead time is, still the most desired brand out there.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    So, who's Mark and what's BTL?
    Bass Talk Live is a podcast on YouTube or wherever you get them that has an hour show 4 mornings a week. Talk bass fishing and bass industry with pros and industry people. Mark Jefferies is the host and has a long history with BASS as a reporter type and photographer. Matt Pangrec(forgive me on the spelling) is his co-host and is working on qualifying for the elites through the opens. Both Oklahoma guys ate up with bass fishing industry.

Also large input/contributions from Frank Scalish, past bass pro talking trade and technics on Thursday and Ken Duke who has a long history with bass fishing and BASS
    Last edited by XingEyeballs; 10-05-2021 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Added information

18. Member
    Cara if you are reading this you need to run for some political position. That interview was painful. What could have been answered in a few words was talked around like I was being sold a used car from a shady car lot. I literally wanted to say shut up and just answer the damn question.
    Honestly it’s not surprising to hear some political side stepping from a person in her position. What does she have to gain by saying, “our pro staff was massively bloated, we and our dealers crunched the numbers and we are much better off selling boats to consumers rather than memo deals”
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    Honestly it’s not surprising to hear some political side stepping from a person in her position. What does she have to gain by saying, “our pro staff was massively bloated, we and our dealers crunched the numbers and we are much better off selling boats to consumers rather than memo deals”
    Then what I would have preferred was just be honest or not accept the interview. Nothing wrong with saying I apologize but that is all internal and I cannot comment. If someone asks me something about the company I work for which is deemed an internal matter I cannot answer. They wanted to cut budget to put the funds in other areas to make more $$. Nothing at all wrong with that.

Did you really expect her to just out and say that there were way too many fishermen receiving discounts on a boat that did nothing to help grow the brand or help their supporting dealer? No man, she, nor anyone else will put that out there.... in fact, they shouldn't have to. If you were cut.... you know that you weren't viewed as an asset. Chances are if the ones who were cut would reflect on what they could have done differently, and if they would answer honestly, they could have done more to earn the discount they were offered. It's all a business, they bought Ranger to grow the brand, and to lock it to be protected from another investment company. They are in the boat building business, it's what they do. If they want to continue to do it, they have to make it profitable.
    The entire WRMG and their surrounding companies WHOLEHEARTEDLY focus on conservation, and spreading the word of the outdoors. They are proud of it, it's in their DNA, and most everyone you speak to there will ramble on as long as you will listen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast