Clinton Iowa to host 2022 Bass Nation Northern Divisional

Hi everyone,

I've been lucky enough to make our state (well province) team as a boater for 2022, and it was just announced that we'll be heading to Clinton at the end of June next year. I think we will be able to fish pools 13, 14 and 15 of the Mississippi. Any insight as to which pools are typically best, dominant species to win tourneys, what tournament series run in this area (so I can look at avg weights), or any other miscellaneous tips? Where to stay would be a good one as well!

Thanks in advance, really looking firward to fishing the Mighty Mississip!

PM sent

3. Member
    I’ve fished those pools quite a bit. If you come down to prefish before outside help is off limits let me know and i will show you around. The river has been extremely low this whole year. Hopefully we get a good winter to give us some depth. Our club bombed at the state tournament this year so I only have one buddy fishing the tournament and he’s a non boater.

Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll likely just fish during official prefish, plus I honestly prefer to go into events with minimal "detailed" knowledge. Hopefully the low water doesn't impact your fish populations too much!

Thanks to Philly for some great insight, looking forward to fishing the river!

5. Member
    Probably be won out of 13.