Thread: Webster area

Webster area

Made it to Webster today. We hit up Horseshoe for a few hours this afternoon. Caught mostly pike, 1 am, 1 lm. It’s looks like the lake has recently turned over. Grass floating everywhere. Scum lines all over the place. Nasty looking water. Going to head up to Roy Tuesday and see how that goes. Anybody else seeing lakes turning over?

When we were up there a couple weeks ago the lakes were the dirtiest we have ever seen them. Smallie fishing was ok but nothing like it normally is.
    Charger 210 Elite

3. Member
    What lakes did you go to? We did Roy and Pickerel today. Caught a lot of numbers on Pickerel, water was very clear there. Roy we caught some, 3.4# smallie and a 4.9 LM was the biggest.

Enemy Swim, Roy and Clear. Had our worst fishing on Clear.

Remember Pickeral has zebra mussels so you need to make sure to clean, drain and dry before going to any other lake.
    Charger 210 Elite

5. Member
    Them zebras will clean up those lakes!
    Dave

The SD game and fish will also clean up your boat at the check stations too. We never fished pickeral so didn't have to worry about them running hot water through the motor or pumps/livewells.
    I am not sure how good it is for hot (heard 140+ degrees) water to be ran through the motor. Heard it was for like 10 minutes but I couldn't confirm that.
    Charger 210 Elite

7. Member
    ^^ I consider all the lakes down there dirty water

Glad you found a few anyways!

8. Member
    We did pretty good for our first time on these lakes. Horseshoe was very dirty from all the grass dying off. Didn’t catch much there except for pike. Went to Roy the next day. Water was a lot better. Took a while to find some fish but ended up doing ok. 3.4# smallie and 4.9# largemouth was the biggest. Pickerel was the best number wise. Very clear water. Was catching 2# smallies every other cast in places with some Pike mixed in. Enemy swim, water was clear as well. Caught a few smallies in the 2-3# range. Overall it was a good couple days.

9. Member
    We were on Clear Saturday and Monday. Smallies were on fire on one rock pile on the west end. We used tubes, and the bite was very subtle. Tap, tap,tap like perch. Hooked the first few pretty deep. As soon as we felt and resistance we started setting the hook. Whiffed on on a few, but not near as many throat hook ups. Stumbled on to the spot a couple years ago. The rest of the lake was decent. Roy was slower on Sunday. It was flat calm. Got a few nice ones, and decent largemouth. One nice 13 in crappie on a tube. Club Eden never disappoints. My buddies were happy the Huskers won. Water was 65 degrees. We have fished there this time of year in snow. Usually water temps in the 50’s is better. I guess I could always go back.
    Last edited by Sodaksam; 10-07-2021 at 08:57 PM.