Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I lived in Irmo for a few years and really liked that area. That area and the Chapin area are really nice in my opinion. I can't say how good the schools are since I have no children. Both sides of the lake seem to be nice as far as I could tell. Chapin and Irmo are convenient for I-26 and the Lexington side is convenient for I-20. I-26 is closer to most of the shopping including Sportsman Warehouse and quite a few other tackle stores. As far as heat & humidity, as opaleski said that's everywhere, as is crime & poverty. I don't know how good the fishing is in Md but there are a lot of excellent lakes in SC.

2. Member
    go for Chapin. We just made the move down from upstate NY. We ended up in Elgin SC area because it is more convenient for work. Traffic going from west of columbia to east columbia is pretty bad. Murray is fun lake to fish. Santee is cool but scary because there are so many potential obstructions and stumps. Big culture shift down here from northeast. Like others said more crime and poverty. We like it so far.

3. Member
    We really don't need anymore in Chapin. We like our little town and it already over crowded

I moved to Prosperity a little over four years ago. Best thing I've done since living in SC. I'm originally from a small town in MS and then moved to SC about 24 years ago. Met my wife and moved to NE Columbia where we stayed for 16 years. Finally decided that we wanted to get back to a small town. So glad we did. I can't speak on the schools as our kids are grown ups now. But I can be on Murray in less than 20 mins, Greenwood in about 30 mins. As others have said, many other lakes in an hour or little more.

5. Member
    1. Traffic in Lexington is bad and getting worse in my own opinion, especially on 378 aka sunset blvd, and trying to drive thru town on U.S. 1
    2. Chapin is nice and growing. You will close to Dreher State Park to launch your boat, it is where most tournaments put in. Only down side its about 10 mile to shopping and eateries on Harbison Dr
    Last edited by usmc03; 11-29-2021 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks for all the replies. Really trying to make it down that way soon. Have had a lot of unexpected stuff going on. Thanks again.
    2009 Nitro z-7
    2008 EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by 8AnDrEw9 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I've had some positive pms and negative pms. Just have to make a couple of Trips to check out the area and make a decision. Thanks everyone.
    Try to schedule your visit in late July or August.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12