Touch pad dash panel

Had my boat (2020 Z19) just over a year, so warranty just expired. My power is doing weird stuff. Power turns on randomly sometimes. When power is on, whether I turned it on or it came on alone, the accessory panel will not work at all, so no live wells, no nav/anc lights. Bow panel won't work either, though it is lit up.

Is there any lesson learned out there that can help me? Chasing my tail on this.

The ECM quickly flashes green while power is on. Graphs, interior lights, trolling motor all work fine.

2. Member
    Crazy that warranty expired on this boat less than 2 months ago, and now this major power failure. Local BPS said they'll take a look at it, but they're a few weeks backed up before they can look at it, then they aren't sure they'll be able to get the parts due to shortages. BPS guy said that parts alone would run me over a THOUSAND DOLLARS if it's an ECM (I believe it is). After labor I'll be close to 2 thousand dollars in the hole for maintenance on a boat that is barely a year old.

This is my third bass boat, first Nitro. Went the Nitro route because I liked the price better honestly. Hindsight is 20/20... I wish I'd gone and paid a bit more for the peace of mind that a company would stand behind their product. I realize that things happen, and a warranty can't last forever, but this timing/cost/issue combo have me done with Nitro.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggreentrout View Post
    Crazy that warranty expired on this boat less than 2 months ago, and now this major power failure. Local BPS said they'll take a look at it, but they're a few weeks backed up before they can look at it, then they aren't sure they'll be able to get the parts due to shortages. BPS guy said that parts alone would run me over a THOUSAND DOLLARS if it's an ECM (I believe it is). After labor I'll be close to 2 thousand dollars in the hole for maintenance on a boat that is barely a year old.

This is my third bass boat, first Nitro. Went the Nitro route because I liked the price better honestly. Hindsight is 20/20... I wish I'd gone and paid a bit more for the peace of mind that a company would stand behind their product. I realize that things happen, and a warranty can't last forever, but this timing/cost/issue combo have me done with Nitro.
    That stupid touchpad is concerning to me, just know it’s going to fail anytime. I don’t know why these companies don’t just go with a traditional switch and relay panel.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjenson View Post
    That stupid touchpad is concerning to me, just know it’s going to fail anytime. I don’t know why these companies don’t just go with a traditional switch and relay panel.
    It's my biggest concern as well. I ordered a 2021 z21 in April and it's my biggest worry. I just wish they would use rocker switches. So much more reliable.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wildkat7 View Post
    It's my biggest concern as well. I ordered a 2021 z21 in April and it's my biggest worry. I just wish they would use rocker switches. So much more reliable.
    It looks good in a video or on the showroom, but it’s something I would guess the vast majority of consumers would rather not have.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

6. Member
    I feel the same over these fancy panels. Add to the fact their expensive and likely will be unavailable after they discontinue them in a few years. It’s kind of a deal breaker for me. However I’m sure the guys that swap boats every few years love them.

I much rather have what Phoenix uses and charger to name a select few.
    Nitro z21

7. Member
    I share your worries. Brand new 2022 Z19 and that’s my concern too. Works fine now but for how long? Glad I got the 7 year front to back warranty.

8. Member
    It should still be covered by warranty. I just had mine replaced this morning. Mine went out Sunday and they ordered it and had it overnighted. Less than 10 minutes to replace it. I'm not a fan of electronic touch pads. They're fine when they work but when they don't you're screwed. This is the first problem I've had with any of my boats.

9. Member
    How long have you had your boat?

10. Member
    mine's a 2021 model. About to order a 22

11. Member
    Copy. Mine is a 2020. I've owned it for 13.5 months, so they won't cover it under warranty.

12. Member
    the touchpad retails for $263.23 for a Z20. Not sure if yours is the same or not.

13. Member
    Update.... Ordered a new touch pad, $253 through BPS, arrived last night. Installed easily, and everything works now, even the bow panel is working again.

The pad that came in was from a different manufacturer, so hopefully this one lasts.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by biggreentrout View Post
    Update.... Ordered a new touch pad, $253 through BPS, arrived last night. Installed easily, and everything works now, even the bow panel is working again.

The pad that came in was from a different manufacturer, so hopefully this one lasts.
    I could deal with that if it did break after warranty. That's actually not terrible.