Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Vaccine during pregnancy

How would you guys feel about your wife having to get the vaccine during pregnancy? The company we both work for is requiring the vaccine for employment due to the government mandate. She’s due the end of January and has no problem with getting the jab just isn’t comfortable doing it while pregnant. She had covid early in the year or else she’d already gotten it. Kinda sucks because she’s looking down the barrel of having to do it or quit which isn’t good no matter what but damn sure isn’t when you’re expecting a child.

2. Member
    close family friend got vaccinated while 8 months pregnant. No issue what so ever. The baby is now also "vaccinated" which is great.

Speak to a medical professional, dont seek health advice on BBC
    06 Stratos 294 ProXL

Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post

Speak to a medical professional

4. Member
    Crazy forcing her , especially since she already had covid and has antibodies ! Very Tuff decision !! Any way she can get anti bodies test and give them that ??? Might check into that . Good luck on your situation !
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

Co-worker got the shot early in her pregnancy, she had the baby over the weekend. No issues. I would think pregnancy would qualify for a deferment but that obviously an HR question more than a BBC Lounge question. Lol. Good luck!
    He/him
    Kayak fishing in a Native Slayer Max 12.5
    Lowrance Elite 9 ti2

6. Panfish Forum Moderator SOONER*REDNECK's Avatar
    Am I missing the Government mandate somewhere? Stitt said he wasn't going to force it on anyone last I heard. I also work for a State agency and we are being told they will not be required. Not sure what to tell you on the decision. My sister in law is a nurse and pregnant and she is waiting to get her vaccine to after she has the baby.
    Fisher 1710C - Mercury 60 Horse 4 stroke
    **Crappie Fishing Fool**

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AKRISONER View Post
    close family friend got vaccinIated while 8 months pregnant. No issue what so ever. The baby is now also "vaccinated" which is great.

Speak to a medical professional, dont seek health advice on BBC

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SOONER*REDNECK View Post
    Am I missing the Government mandate somewhere? Stitt said he wasn't going to force it on anyone last I heard. I also work for a State agency and we are being told they will not be required. Not sure what to tell you on the decision. My sister in law is a nurse and pregnant and she is waiting to get her vaccine to after she has the baby.

We work for a company that does government contracting. We have spoke with medical professionals. Guess I should’ve mentioned that earlier. Half say do it the other half says absolutely not. That’s why I asked for opinions on what others thought. Not looking for medical advice just opinions.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiebass View Post
    Crazy forcing her , especially since she already had covid and has antibodies ! Very Tuff decision !! Any way she can get anti bodies test and give them that ??? Might check into that . Good luck on your situation !
    Primary care dr said he would do that but it’s probably not gonna work.

10. Member
    My question is if the vaccine is not considered safe for children under the age of 12, why would it be considered safe for an unborn child?

11. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    A question I would have is are you sure the mandate includes pregnant women? Has she talked to a supervisor about waiting till after the pregnancy? Is there any research on pregnancy and the vaccine?

Personally, if the CDC and/or FDA say that its safe for pregnancy and offers protection to the newborn, then I would. Long Haul covid is no joke. And no telling how bad it could be for a newborn and it's development.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    A question I would have is are you sure the mandate includes pregnant women? Has she talked to a supervisor about waiting till after the pregnancy? Is there any research on pregnancy and the vaccine?

Personally, if the CDC and/or FDA say that its safe for pregnancy and offers protection to the newborn, then I would. Long Haul covid is no joke. And no telling how bad it could be for a newborn and it's development.

She is the HR administrator so she’s the one who has been doing all the leg work on this. Our boss has no control over this. As far as research from what we can find the studies won’t be released until 2025.

14. Member
    I'd be far more comfortable with my SO getting vaccinated while pregnant than I would be if she got covid while pregnant.

15. Member
    I would ask my doctor and not rely on BBC for information

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    I would ask my doctor and not rely on BBC for information
    x2. I posted my opinion above but this is the best answer.

17. Banned
    It's pointless to take the shot if you have already had Covid, your natural immunity is far more effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post
    It's pointless to take the shot if you have already had Covid, your natural immunity is far more effective.

My longtime Dr disagrees with you.

19. Member
    I saw on ABC news (I think it was from CDC) that pregnant woman that were un vaccinated and got the virus were a lot more likely to end up on a ventilator and or die do to complications compared to the general public. They think the stresses of pregnancy and suppling for 2 or more beings makes complications from the virus much more likely. My personal felling for my wife I would want her vaccinated if she were pregnant, getting vaccinated while pregnant for the baby???????????? who knows it could be nothing or could cause something we wont know about for years or even decades. Get as much info you can and make as educated of a decision as you can.
    2020 Ranger 521L, Merc 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Rayman73 View Post

My longtime Dr disagrees with you.

What is the level of antibodies needed to fend off future infections and how long do these antibodies last?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast