Thread: Potomac Creek

Potomac Creek

A couple questions....

1. How navigable is Potomac Creek? Any hazards or particular shoals I need to be aware of? I know I need to enter the creek on the south side where the channel comes in.

2. Accokeek Creek... easy to run in? How far back can I go? Is the fishing worth it?

3. Other than Aquia Creek, is there any ramps in Potomac Creek, or close by other than Aquia?

Thanks!
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    there are no public ramps that i'm aware of in Potomac Creek.....there is a kayak ramp way in the back of Acookeek..you can pretty much run your boat all the way into the back where the kayak ramp is.

Quote Originally Posted by PsuHntr View Post
    there are no public ramps that i'm aware of in Potomac Creek.....there is a kayak ramp way in the back of Acookeek..you can pretty much run your boat all the way into the back where the kayak ramp is.
    Thanks Aaron.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

Sometimes you have to be careful when the watermen lay their nets across the mouth of Potomac creek too. Some years it’s looked like you can’t even get in with all the stakes and floats.
    2010 BassCat Puma FTD
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

5. mikesxpress
    You guys know all the BFL folks are "pre-fishing" on here?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesxpress View Post
    You guys know all the BFL folks are "pre-fishing" on here?
    Just trying to find out how navigable Potomac creek is. I know a guy that got hung up in there one time. Sorry for asking.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20
    Yamaha 250 SHO

7. Member
    Just stay a little right of middle entering Occokeek and you can set down safely at any tide after that first left hook narrows down.
    stay in the middle of Potomac creek until it turns to the creek in the back right and the right bank is very deep