Made some changes, now got a question

Hello all, 2015 Nitro Z6 with a Merc 115 4 stroke Command thrust. (Lower gear ratio) fury 24p

My boat had a size 24 starting battery and I upgraded it to a 27, it also had two 27 trolling motor batteries which I upgraded to group 29.

With the original setup I had no plugs in my fury prop, when taking off the boat would rev up to 3500 rpm and the nose would drop and I would be on plane.

After the changes the boat is now revving to 3500 rpm and as soon as the nose starts to come down it spooled up to 4100 RPMs before I had a chance to start trimming up, once I started trimming it seemed to grab right away and the nose finished coming down.

I am thinking I need to play with the PVS plugs since it seems like it is starting to blow out on break over. I will add one large plug next weekend and give it a try but looking for thoughts

Thanks John
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT

2. Member
    The weight changed so the boat is acting different. I'm with you on tuning the plugs.

Just a quick update, I installed one large hole plug in the prop and my prop no longer slips at breakover.
    2015 Nitro Z6
    2015 Mercury 115 4S CT