? for pellet smokers guys

Looking at Pit Boss Pro 850, the 1150 has a bottom trap door to remove the pot for cleaning, the 850 doesnt. Is the a big deal? 1150 seems to be too big and heavy to move around and more space to heat up or smoke. One last thing, with a smoke tube can I put chips in it to make smoke? Thanks guys

2. Member
    My Reqteq does not have a clean our door. I just remove the drip tray once in a while to clean it. When I do I vacuum out the pot. Not a big deal IMO.

3. Member
    I know others that keep a small shop vac on hand for cleaning theirs out easily.
    Fish have fins, they swim

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Not a big deal. It takes seconds to pull the grates and run a shop vac around.
    Thanos was the hero

The pot clean-out feature on my Camp Chef was a big selling point for me. A lot easier than removing the grates and dragging the shop vac out.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    The pot clean-out feature on my Camp Chef was a big selling point for me. A lot easier than removing the grates and dragging the shop vac out.
    How do you like the Camp Chef? I see a lot of good reviews, I have a buddy that’s got one he loves his. I have another buddy that swears by his Rec Tec, I think they’re both pretty decent. I plan on getting on soon, I’ve got it narrowed down to those two.

Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    How do you like the Camp Chef? I see a lot of good reviews, I have a buddy that’s got one he loves his. I have another buddy that swears by his Rec Tec, I think they’re both pretty decent. I plan on getting on soon, I’ve got it narrowed down to those two.
    I've had a few struggles with the wifi app but that has gotten better. Other than that, I like it a lot. I have the Woodwind 24" wifi with a Sidekick and the grill attachment. The Sidekick and grill are great for searing some items after smoking. You can also open up the fire pot for more direct-heat cooking and you can also drain the pellets out of it easily if you want to change flavors.
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

8. Member
    My My Pit Boss has a really handy little clean out tray. I'm a fan of it.

Pit Boss PB1230 Combo here. The wife and kids surprised me on my birthday. It's a big boy size but does either propane on one or the smoker on the other. It has the searing feature on the smoker side as well as a valve that you can open/close to add a little smoke flavor to whatever you're cooking on the propane side.
    After using the heck out of my $120 MasterForge vertical propane smoker for years(and being meticulous enough that I repainted the exterior to freshen it up), I am looking forward to expanding my arsenal and cooking abilities...

10. Member
    The clean out does nothing IMO. These grates and drip pan need to be pulled out to actually clean the ashes from the grill. It's not big deal at all.

I used my grill usually twice a week and I clean it every 4-6 weeks.