Thread: Top cap loose

Top cap loose

Hey guys. I have a 2012 nitro z9 purchased this year from. Original owner. I took it out today in some rough water from pleasure boaters. When I went to load up my nose is moving up and down. What is the repair for this? I called insurance to be sure. Not sure if it's coverable damage. Just in case anyone know the process? I called after I bought to transfer the hull warranty and they said it had to be done in first 5 years of owning boat or something like that

2. Member
    Check the screws behind the rub rail.

Assuming it hasn't been like this for a real long time I'd guess the job would be a tube of 4200 to put on the threads of the screw every 2".

nitro advertised on my z8 mechanically fastened every 2" and chemically bonded 360*, I don't know what that was but if you ask around for advice like 4200 or 3200??? And then have a bunch of blocks or very heavy stuff to put on the deck to hold the cap down.

when taking the center of the run rail out there are some good advice if you ask. Like laying it in a "kiddy pool" and putting hot water in it to make it more manageable because it's more relaxed vs stiff.

4. Member
    screws behind the rubrail. may need to oversize one size if holes are not true. not hard to fix.
    Dale Johnston
    Wichita, KS
    2019 nitro z20, mercury pro xs 250 four stroke

5. Member
    Lake Erie and st Claire knocked my 929 top completely off. I had a guy in Indiana re do it. He did big rivets all the way around. That way never have to worry about screws backing out.

6. Member
    The shop is called Nolleys in windfall Indiana