Thread: Prop help

Prop help

#1C666365 60hp with SOLAS Rubex NS3 Stainless 13-1/4 x 17 RH prop. Rattles really bad at idle speeds and won’t go over 4,000 rpms. Wot for motor is 5500 to 6000. It’s on a 92 tracker tx17. Also porposing when trying to trim up. Looking for prop recommendations. Thinking I need a 13p prop. Lower unit says “special prop” but not sure what they refer to as special. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Last edited by cbuc1990; 10-02-2021 at 05:41 PM.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Are your RPM readings coming from a SMARTCRAFT instrument or display? If they are from an analog instrument- DON'T rely on them for accuracy.

Looking to me like something in the 15P range (but really do need to verify those RPM's with DIGITAL accuracy).

Spitfire, or Spitfire X7 would be my prop choice- with a 1" SSR Hub Kit.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    It was actually using vessel view mobile. I ordered a 14p spitfire to see if that helps with the rpms. If the spit fire helps and I wanted to go to the spitfire X7 would I keep the same pitch as the aluminum? Sorry for the late response

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Depends on your Smartcraft Performance Numbers with the Spitfire.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor