Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Congratulations on your purchase, hope all goes well for you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Whipgenie View Post
    I ended up getting two Garmin 73sv 7" (bow and helm) and a GT56UHD-TM transducer. Boat goes in the basement for the work as soon as the tractor is off leaf duty and can be parked to the side for the winter. Also going to be adding a battery combiner so the trolling battery stays charged. (That little problem pretty much killed my last trip out this year.) So much to learn.

2. Member
    Great information here and thanks again for sharing!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Colibri View Post
    HDS Gen 1/ 2/ 2 Touch all network well, but a Gen 1 can not share mapping regardless of what generation the other unit is. With these units, you will get full functionality from an m-unit (mapping only) if that unit is in ethernet with a combo-unit or an x-unit (sonar only).
    HDS Gen 3 networks well with older generations if on software 7.0. It networks well with newer units if on software 18.2. HDS Gen 3 is a "turning point" in the HDS-line for quite a few things, thus the option to use it networked with old/ new depending on software used in the Gen 3.
    HDS Carbon, Live and Elite FS networks well.

HDS Gen 2 Touch was the first generation that does not require a module for structurescan (sidescan/ downscan). If you want to keep your HDS 5 Gen 2, I would consider a Gen 2 Touch or HDS Gen 3 (on older software) as this means you don`t need the LSS-module and they will network well with what you have. HDS Gen 2 Touch should be cheap, HDS Gen 3 is more costly since it also goes well with newer units. Getting a Gen 3 now will naturally mean less cost the day your Gen 2 is upgraded as the Gen 3 can stay in your boat with a newer unit, while a Gen 2 Touch would have to go if the Gen 2 is to be replaced with a newer unit than Gen 3.

If in doubt about how to ID the different generations, this might be worth a read:
    https://teamcolibri.blogspot.com/201...rance-hds.html

3. Member
    You will love the combiner. I added a Stealth1 to my boat this year and couldn't be happier! Well, I guess I could be if I had more time on the water!!

Great choice for upgrades.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12