Thread: 10/2/21 report

10/2/21 report

Got on the water 6:20ish. Really to early can’t see anything Lol. Got my normal tackle out that I like this time of year. Started with the buzz bait,spook,spinner bait but nothing going on….. but about 7:30 the buzz started to get bites. Seems most of my bites came with the bait in 3ft of water and my boat was in 7/8ft. I never got any bites on bigger shallow flats?? Water was clear on the lake I was on. (Mormon trail) water temp 70-71* later in the morning I tried brush with a trick worm but that wasn’t happening either. All and all I had a good morning much better than the passed outing, good thing I love the buzzbait.
    64E9C6B4-956A-45D1-9161-0B4CA735F4C0.jpeg

2. Member
    Going out in the morning and I just finished put a couple of buzz baits on
    John the Garage Doorman

3. Member
    Couldn't get anything on a buzzbait this morning fishing was really slow spent 6 hours on the water today for only 6 fish.
    John the Garage Doorman

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Couldn't get anything on a buzzbait this morning fishing was really slow spent 6 hours on the water today for only 6 fish.
    That is a little slow but I’ve had day that I fished for 6hr and got nothing…. What was your best bait? Curious if your fish came after 8am as well?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redog View Post
    That is a little slow but I’ve had day that I fished for 6hr and got nothing…. What was your best bait? Curious if your fish came after 8am as well?
    Caught all my fish by 830am, Iipretty sure I didn't catch two fish on the same bait. Senko, jig, chatterbait, baby brushhog, Ringfry couldn't get a pattern going at all. Used black and blue, green pumpkin, and watermelon red.
    John the Garage Doorman

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    Caught all my fish by 830am, Iipretty sure I didn't catch two fish on the same bait. Senko, jig, chatterbait, baby brushhog, Ringfry couldn't get a pattern going at all. Used black and blue, green pumpkin, and watermelon red.
    thank you for responding with your baits.

We had a decent day Sunday. A few minutes after 8 AM when we hit the water. I threw Chigger Craws, Trick worms, jig. We fished kinda fast, didn’t pick each piece of structure apart. Missed a fair number of bites, put 15 in the boat.
    Scott tried crank baits, and a few other things, I think all his fish were on plastic. He put more then 15 in the boat, but I don’t know the exact number. Water temp was 69° in the morning warming to 71° by the afternoon

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    We had a decent day Sunday. A few minutes after 8 AM when we hit the water. I threw Chigger Craws, Trick worms, jig. We fished kinda fast, didn’t pick each piece of structure apart. Missed a fair number of bites, put 15 in the boat.
    Scott tried crank baits, and a few other things, I think all his fish were on plastic. He put more then 15 in the boat, but I don’t know the exact number. Water temp was 69° in the morning warming to 71° by the afternoon
    i would consider that a great fish trip! Good number for sure.