acrappie recipes

Anyone have any good crappie recipes that' not fried?

2. Member
    We have coated both sides of the fillets with , equal parts of Grey Poupon and Honey, then sprinkled Dill Weed over the top. Cook it at 400 till flaky. This is what we do with cod. Tried it with the crappie and its pretty good.
    Last edited by brushsjigs; 01-13-2022 at 08:39 AM.

When I broil them it’s just a little butter and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning and a pinch of smoked paprika. Couple minutes under the heat does it. Put it on a rice pilaf with steamed vegetables on the side. Super quick and easy.

4. Member
    Screenshot_20210318-172854_Chrome.jpg
    Got this off of the crappie forum. It is some Count! Rarely fry them any more!
    2013 Pantera 2
    200 Pro XS (2b009069)
    Ghost Trolling Motor

5. Member
    Those all sound like good recipe, will be trying them.

Quote Originally Posted by Redngoo View Post
    Screenshot_20210318-172854_Chrome.jpg
    Got this off of the crappie forum. It is some Count! Rarely fry them any more!
    I remember this one and it’s very good!

7. Member
    Blackened crappie tacos:
    let filet get to room temp, dip in unsalted butter, bring cast iron skillet on med-high to 350 (actually bronzed fish, not blackened, if cooking outside on Blackstone go to 500), season with favorite blackened seasoning (I use Blackened Redfish Magic from Paul Prudhomme), put filet on skillet, lower temp to medium-low, cook about a minute per side til done (bout 3-4 minutes), chop up on skillet.
    Serve on Tortilla Land tortillas with mango-pineapple salsa and shredded monterey jack cheese.
    Salsa: diced pineapple (rinse well with water), diced mango (darker orange is better), red onion, jalepeno, red bell pepper, lime, cilantro