Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My trailer tires have a flat spot if the trailer sits for 3 days. It's pretty significant if the boat sites a week but it's no worse after 14 days of sitting than it is 3 months. I know this because I pull my boat forward 3' or so to hook it up to the pickup. My thought on this is with a 3 mile drive across town the tires are massaged back to round before I get on the interstate 80mph, and I am a self coined "autocondriac " a hypochondriac but to vehicles, I am very attentive and sensitive to my machines. Even successfully tuned two motorcycles fuel mapping with just interstate pulls.

2. Member
    Damn I didn’t mean to get someone all fired up.. btw I moved from NC to north Idaho and that is reason I am asking.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Stang View Post
    Damn I didn’t mean to get someone all fired up.. btw I moved from NC to north Idaho and that is reason I am asking.
    Where about? Fishing is just ramping up here. It will be killer until end of November.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

4. Member
    North of sandpoint. I have been very happy with the bass fishing here and the lack of pressure on the fish. Lake pend oreille is huge!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Stang View Post
    North of sandpoint. I have been very happy with the bass fishing here and the lack of pressure on the fish. Lake pend oreille is huge!!
    Nice. I mainly fish the PO, love that lake. Giant fish, LM and SM, pike and walleye.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

6. Member
    My understanding is when you hang your suspension in the air it is not natural and can weaken it when put back down.
    Sort of like hanging by your feet.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Rod View Post
    My understanding is when you hang your suspension in the air it is not natural and can weaken it when put back down.
    Sort of like hanging by your feet.
    That's one I've never heard.
    If you Jack up the axle it's no different.
    Not to mention an inversion table has done more for my low back than anything else.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    That's one I've never heard.
    If you Jack up the axle it's no different.
    Not to mention an inversion table has done more for my low back than anything else.
    I was referring to stands on the frame. I think on the axel would be the same pressure as tires on the ground.
    I get this from storing cars.
    1997 Ranger 692VS
    2014 Mercury 175 Pro XS 2B111166

I use RRoad timbers cut to length under each axle plate. Puts the tire about an inch off the floor. I can service the bearings if needed. Doesn't bother me to keep the springs loaded it has leafsprings.

Steve McQueen "Le Mans"
    Own the Champ! Life Long Petty Fan!

2003 ChampioN 2006 250 Merc. XB, Prop By Mark C.
    2002 Ranger Okeechobee Special EvinRude Ficht 90 / 9.9 4-Stroke GLAD to have a Get me to the Dock motor maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick H View Post
    IF I can find the video I will post the trailer tires with flat spots from sitting.
    Add an extra 10PSi to the tires that will help prevent/lesson flat spotting.
    21 Lund 1775 Impact XS 21 Merc 115 Pro XS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12