Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by River-Bandit View Post
    maybe he was like the rest of us who got mad as hell at the loss of life that did not have to happen
    No doubt there are many more like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bairn View Post
    And speaking of lying and liars, what we should be discussing is the total lack of respect shown by punk members of Congress towards 3 career military officers yesterday (whether you agree with their decisions or not).
    Horrifying to watch and amazing self-control on display by the Officers.
    Totally agree with you. Milley and the others are not the bastards they're being made out to be by congress. It absolutely ENRAGES me to see some young punk Senator or Congressperson ask one of them a question, then cut them off a couple of words into their reply. All for the sake of political posturing.

Politics is evil and bullshit...pure and simple.

3. Member
    I agree that he broke chain of command. But didn’t Milley admit to calling his Chinese counterpart and assuring him he would let him know if an attack was imminent? Is that not breaking chain of command?? Trump was his CO, right? So Milley can break it, to the adversary of this country, but another leader speaks his mind on social media, and is imprisoned, without charges, in solitary confinement, and you guys are OK with it? Because he broke chain of command?? I’m just a country boy from OKlahoma, but if that is your official stance, that he deserves jail, then please don’t ever move or visit Oklahoma. I’m sorry but Schiller said what the real majority in this country was thinking and is thinking when it comes to the WD from Afghanistan.

4. Member
    No link was posted but i read on another site that the LtCol tried to resign his commission but they refused to accept it. If that was the case prior to his comments, then something is rotten in Denmark. If he tried after making the comments then he is too late and guilty as charged.

5. Member
    He is no better then the Captain of the Aircraft Carrier who wrote the letter about Covid on his ship. The First thing you are taught in the military is chain of command and if you can't follow it then there is going to be consequences to be paid.
    John the Garage Doorman

Quote Originally Posted by okiemac View Post
    I agree that he broke chain of command. But didn’t Milley admit to calling his Chinese counterpart and assuring him he would let him know if an attack was imminent? Is that not breaking chain of command?? Trump was his CO, right? So Milley can break it, to the adversary of this country, but another leader speaks his mind on social media, and is imprisoned, without charges, in solitary confinement, and you guys are OK with it? Because he broke chain of command?? I’m just a country boy from OKlahoma, but if that is your official stance, that he deserves jail, then please don’t ever move or visit Oklahoma. I’m sorry but Schiller said what the real majority in this country was thinking and is thinking when it comes to the WD from Afghanistan.
    Not really. According to Milley, the conversations mentioned in Woodward's book were grossly taken out of context. Obviously I wasn't there, but Milley's explanations sound plausible to me. Again, this is media spin on the actual facts in my opinion. Don't forget, Woodward is a writer for the Washington Post. I'm a conservative and registered Republican, but I think the media is looking for ANY reason to make it look like the whole planet was against President Trump. His imprisonment is authorized under the UCMJ, so yes, I'm OK with it. I don't agree with it, but it's not illegal.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorman1 View Post
    He is no better then the Captain of the Aircraft Carrier who wrote the letter about Covid on his ship. The First thing you are taught in the military is chain of command and if you can't follow it then there is going to be consequences to be paid.
    This. He is getting what he should have expected. Until there is Ret. after his name he is not entitled to a public opinion.
    Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

--Voltaire

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizzou211 View Post
    Not really. According to Milley, the conversations mentioned in Woodward's book were grossly taken out of context. Obviously I wasn't there, but Milley's explanations sound plausible to me. Again, this is media spin on the actual facts in my opinion. Don't forget, Woodward is a writer for the Washington Post. I'm a conservative and registered Republican, but I think the media is looking for ANY reason to make it look like the whole planet was against President Trump. His imprisonment is authorized under the UCMJ, so yes, I'm OK with it. I don't agree with it, but it's not illegal.
    The reports of what happened around the table at the Joint Chiefs is NOT acceptable no matter how Milley spins it.
    2022 Ranger Z520R, 2022 Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    Dual 16” Lowrance Live’s at console, 12” Live with Active Target, Garmin 8612 and Livescope, and Humminbird 12” Mega 360 at the bow
    Lowrance Ghost TM

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorJJ View Post
    The reports of what happened around the table at the Joint Chiefs is NOT acceptable no matter how Milley spins it.
    This and who ever recommended that we give up Bagram air base. Should b fired yesterday. That was plain Stupid.

10. Member
    Exactly! Milley talking to Piglosi behind Trumps back is breaking chain of command. You guys can cover for Milley all you want. He is just as guilty of breaking chain as Scheller is. I’m a stinking lifelong democrat, and I see the failed leadership in this group of generals but you guys don’t? Not to mention senile ass Biden LIED to us multiple times over the incident. Why are you guys so impressed with these idiots?

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    While I feel empathy for the Colonel, if you’ve served you understand Chain Of Command and the UCMJ.

He should have resigned and then made his video, he’d be on Fox News instead of in the brig. You don’t undermine discipline or go outside the chain of command.

Do you really think the troops on the ground in Kabul weren’t saying among themselves that the situation was FUBAR…THE DIFFERENCE is they had the military bearing and discipline to keep it to themselves.
    I expect he will be running for something in the future.

I'm so glad I Served when I did. Never wondered about the gender of those working with me. I'm all for spilling the Beans.

Exactly! Milley talking to Piglosi behind Trumps back is breaking chain of command. You guys can cover for Milley all you want. He is just as guilty of breaking chain as Scheller is. I’m a stinking lifelong democrat, and I see the failed leadership in this group of generals but you guys don’t? Not to mention senile ass Biden LIED to us multiple times over the incident. Why are you guys so impressed with these idiots?
    I don’t disagree with you on the failed leadership aspect of your post…IMHO None of them had the balls to fully express to the POTUS what they knew the outcome would be in Afghanistan. The grunts knew the Afghans wouldn’t fight…hard to believe the brass didn’t know it as well. Milley may turn out to have violated his oath or maybe it won’t turn out that way, but that is not what the Scheller incident is about. We don’t KNOW Milley violated his oath…based on his testimony he thinks he was righteous and actually is commanded by his position as chairman of the joint chiefs to do what he did…we absolutely KNOW that Scheller did.

No matter how much empathy we have for his situation, The “he did it…therefore I can do it” game is for competing network news stories and Twitter …Not for excusing for a potential breakdown in command and military discipline.
    Last edited by dean c; 09-30-2021 at 05:39 PM.

14. Member
    Well, the Colonel knew what would happen. He did it anyhow. Surprised he didn't get charged with Article 131. Anyhow, it made a big stink. A lot of publicity, brought the fact that there IS unrest in the ranks to light. He will probably get a less than honorable discharge and reduction in rank, maybe have to serve some bad time.

He knew what would happen. Maybe he is a loose cannon, maybe not, but he is not in charge and that's the way it goes in the Corps.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    I don’t disagree with you on the failed leadership aspect of your post…IMHO None of them had the balls to fully express to the POTUS what they knew the outcome would be in Afghanistan. The grunts knew the Afghans wouldn’t fight…hard to believe the brass didn’t know it as well. Milley may turn out to have violated his oath or maybe it won’t turn out that way, but that is not what the Scheller incident is about. We don’t KNOW Milley violated his oath…based on his testimony he thinks he was righteous and actually is commanded by his position as chairman of the joint chiefs to do what he did…we absolutely KNOW that Scheller did.

No matter how much empathy we have for his situation, The “he did it…therefore I can do it” game is for competing network news stories and Twitter …Not for excusing for a potential breakdown in command and military discipline.
    Dean, I agree Schiller screwed up. But an exemplary record, fast tracked into leadership, multiple tours into wars, and he never named a single person in his post. So he deserves being arrested but not charged, put in solitary confinement right away? You can commit armed robbery in this country and not even have to post bail, depending on which city or state you live in! And this guy deserves this treatment?? And some of you guys say that’s ok? I agree with you on his mistake. But his treatment is what pisses me off. Then they dropped over 600 pages on his lawyer and gave them less than 24 hours till his hearing. Making an example out of him, when he already turned in his resignation and forfeited his 17 years worth of benefits owed to him, is ridiculous. Slap him on the wrist and let him go!

16. Member
    Yep,,he knew he would be kicked out of the Corps,,,but. Does he deserve solitary confinement when Solitartary confinement is only given to those that either harm themselves or are going to harm others? His civil rights are being violated as they had a gag order on him. This is just another way to shut him up and keep him from the press or his family. Does his crime warrant this treatment? And,,,it had to come from the top to confine him. Who gave that order?

17. Member
    And,,according to Fox News,,,they have 400 pages of charges now written up. You have to be kidding for what he has done?

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okiemac;[URL="tel:12109509"
    12109509[/URL]]Dean, I agree Schiller screwed up. But an exemplary record, fast tracked into leadership, multiple tours into wars, and he never named a single person in his post. So he deserves being arrested but not charged, put in solitary confinement right away? You can commit armed robbery in this country and not even have to post bail, depending on which city or state you live in! And this guy deserves this treatment?? And some of you guys say that’s ok? I agree with you on his mistake. But his treatment is what pisses me off. Then they dropped over 600 pages on his lawyer and gave them less than 24 hours till his hearing. Making an example out of him, when he already turned in his resignation and forfeited his 17 years worth of benefits owed to him, is ridiculous. Slap him on the wrist and let him go!

I agree with you 100%!

Dean, I agree Schiller screwed up. But an exemplary record, fast tracked into leadership, multiple tours into wars, and he never named a single person in his post. So he deserves being arrested but not charged, put in solitary confinement right away? You can commit armed robbery in this country and not even have to post bail, depending on which city or state you live in! And this guy deserves this treatment?? And some of you guys say that’s ok? I agree with you on his mistake. But his treatment is what pisses me off. Then they dropped over 600 pages on his lawyer and gave them less than 24 hours till his hearing. Making an example out of him, when he already turned in his resignation and forfeited his 17 years worth of benefits owed to him, is ridiculous. Slap him on the wrist and let him go!

From an emotional stand point I totally agree with you. It just doesn’t work that way in the military….They absolutely will make an example of him. They’ll do it to dissuade others from doing the same thing which could jeopardize missions and put lives at risk. His actions will be incredibly difficult for the best attorney to defend. Sounds terrible..but for his sake I’m almost hoping he’s maybe being affected by some level of PTSD, it will help his defense.

I hate it for the guy..in his mind he was doing right by the troops…just can’t be done that way.

Do me a favor and watch that second video to the end…see what you think.

20. Member
    I hope he makes millions with the Go fund me account and a book deal. Those General's ain't Patton or Ike by any means.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast