Paint defect or is this Normal on 2021 AVX 1980

I recently became the 2nd owner of a 2019 1980 AVX that just had the hull replaced and have some concerns about the paint. I knew the service history as boat was purchased new by a close family member and I spoke with Mr Tripp at Vexus prior to purchasing the boat. First I wanted to confirm what if anything had been changed to prevent future issues which he answered to my satisfaction so I completed the purchase. I picked the boat up from the dealer as soon as it was delivered by Vexus. There were A few minor issues that Vexus is in the process correcting and I will say they have been very easy to deal with thus far. Now that I’ve owned the boat a couple of weeks and had a chance to really give it a once over from top to bottom I am concerned about the paint especially in the area that they identify as spray deflector or something of the like. It’s the lower lip that runs the length of the hull and helps to block or deflect the spray. On the port side it’s mostly smooth the entire length of this seam or joint. On the starboard side and especially toward the front 1/4 the paint in this area is thinner or inconsistent in several spots and looks to have indentions almost like it was set in a jig while the paint was wet or they just did not paint it thick enough in this area. In photos it’s just above green zip tie. If you zoom in you can see what I’m talking about. I reached out to Mr Tripp yesterday via text with photos and expect him to get back with me but wanted to see if anyone else’s boat looks like this. I believe the Hull is now a 2021 because it has the built in Navigation lights and different front deck step with built in tool holder on each side but it still has the 2019 Hull ID officially. I’ll post a full write up of my experience in few weeks hopefully after I have got everything dialed. The next thing on the list will be getting the Prop worked or buy a new one, the stock Raker is not getting the bow up as it should.
    92C23466-81F7-4828-A7D2-BBAF2732C696.jpeg6F0FDF48-F673-4542-ADA8-7E6F87312D28.jpeg

2. Member
    Kind of nitpicking, no? Lol

3. Member
    that's a beautiful boat. It looks like it was never used even.

I downloaded the pics into photoshop there isn't enough metadata to see fine detail.

I don't know but I would just go enjoy your pretty much new boat.

What other minor issues were there? why was the hull replaced on a new boat?

4. Member
    I think you are splitting hairs (lol) Looks mighty fine ride to me

It's an aluminum boat, not fiberglass. You're going to have some bumps and stuff especially where there welds on the inside of the hull.

As for the irregularities in the paint, you definately can't see it in the pictures but unless the paint is gone or peeling I wouldn't worry about it.

Very nice ride.

6. Member
    It’s not on both sides so it leads me to believe it’s a defect and or the area did not get a even cot of paint you can see what looks like little dashes in the area I am talking about. 74BEEEF4-EABB-4396-9C6C-37D3DF6166E8.jpeg

7. Member
    Come on. If it's not peeling, bubbling or cracking it's not a big deal. If you're concern about that, don't look inside the bilge or compartments.

8. Member
    Now I'm curious as to what minor issues you're having Vexus take care of?

9. Member
    Not sure what we are looking at here.

10. Member
    If you tap on the photo in the post it opens separate attachment of just the photo …at least on my phone it clearly shows the irregularity. Does anyone else who owns one of these AVX boats looked / felt theirs to see if it’s smooth in that area or is it rough? One side on mine is smooth other side like running your hand over a zipper.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AObuk442 View Post
    If you tap on the photo in the post it opens separate attachment of just the photo …at least on my phone it clearly shows the irregularity. Does anyone else who owns one of these AVX boats looked / felt theirs to see if it’s smooth in that area or is it rough? One side on mine is smooth other side like running your hand over a zipper.

You bought a used boat. You inspected it before hand. Now you're having buyers remorse and trying to justify it. If that seam tears, you'll be covered. If the paint peels, I'm going to assume it won't be covered anymore since it's over 2 years old. Enjoy the boat you bought.

12. Member
    What were the other minor problems you mentioned? Why did you buy the boat if it needed a new hull and thier were other minor issues?

13. Member
    Oh and if you think those are paint issues you should look at the paint job on my 60 k wrangler. Lol but like people always say “it’s a Jeep thing”. Still no excuse. I don’t even have a final coat of paint around the inside of my door frames.

Since I even enlarged the photos and still can’t see an issue I’m going with normal. First dock or stump you run into will be worse. God forbid they tar and chip a road.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,