Active Target Forward Mode - Trouble viewing past 20 yards

I have my updated Active Target mounted on an All Aboard Marine All Sync Precise Targeting transducer mounting system (separate pole from the trolling motor staff. I have the sea clear power harness connected to a North Star cranking battery. I'm pretty sure its getting all the juice it needs. I have a Lowrance Elite FS 9, but I'm having trouble seeing my lure past 20 yards in forward mode (according to the on-screen grid). I'm sure this is a common problem, but I haven't found much besides how to set them up and the basic reading of the graph.

I have quite a few ferrite rings (not as much as Taku Ito in his new Inside Elite Boats photo gallery), but perhaps it is interference. There's a lot of noise because I have it turned on high - I want to see my lure past 10-20 yards! Maybe that's it.

Any suggestions? It's probably something I'm doing wrong, so I'm wondering if anyone else out there was in my position and if they figured it out. Thanks.

2. Member
    Screenshots?
    You are pausing structurescan (stop sonar in the menu on the right) when using AT?

I can see a 1/2 ox jig 25 meters out on a good day, 75 feet/ 23 yards out. Larger lures are visible even further out but around 30 meters the target has to be huge to see it.

3. Member
    I believe water depth is a critical component of range. In depths less than ~10'(~3 meters) range is reduced to ~20'. At least that's what my experience is.

Maybe transducer mounted by wrong corner...