Xpress H51 with a 115 HO prop recommendations

Anyone running this motor on a similar setup? Looking to see what prop I should run. It's got a junk aluminum 4 blade on it now

2. Member
    Nope ...... never messed with one with an eTec on it ........... but I've owned a lot of Xpress hyperlift hulls before .................a pair 16'ers, and an X19 ..... and helped 2 friends with 17'ers.

Those small hyperlift hulls are sensitive to weight distribution. Thus you need to try to keep the weight in the back. All hyperlift hulls like props with a lot of rake and good cupping. The best props I've found to run on 16'/17'ers that had 90's and 115's was Trophy Plus, Renegade, the midsize gearcase-version Raker, and the Yamaha midsize gearcase-version Pro Series prop. You'll note that all 4 of those props are high rake and good cupped props. Heck even my 'go to' prop on my X19/200HPDI was a Trophy.

Also, due to weight sensitivity ...... if you are expecting to get the most out of those hulls, you need to go ahead and install a hydraulic jackplate ..... especially running the 3 blades. Anything else is going to be a compromise and it's up to you on where you want to compromise. Midrange porpoising is common if you run a standard jackplate and trying to set it up for top speed (motor set high). Those hulls really need the prop shaft low (like 4.5" below) until you get in the upper RPM's and then you can raise the prop shaft and let it eat.

Great riding hull and sportscar-like handling! I always amazed people in rough water with all those hyperlift hulls. It's just that they can be temperamental to set up sometimes.

I hope it helps.
    -391v
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

3. Member
    I'm running this exact same set up on a 2005 Hull I completely remodeled. I put a brand new 2019 115 HO Etech on it and run a standard 6" manual jack plate. I currently run a 24P Raker. But I need to send it off to Mark Croxton to get some cup put in it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Thanks for the help! Ya I've only got a 4" hydraulic jackplate on it. I wanted light as possible. It definitely has too small a prop. It jumps out of the hole but thats it. About 36-38 on top. I'm going to look into some props as mentioned above. Thanks again

5. Member
    Yep. By my gps, with my Raker, I'm running low 50's with full load and 2 people. Mid 50's with just me and my gear, full tank of fuel. I believe that if I would get my prop cleaned up and a little cup in it I could bump 60.